Battery Cell Process Development & Technology Transfer Engineer
holland, mi, usa
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Natron Energy is seeking an experienced and accomplished Senior Engineer to support production and ramp of its battery electrode coating line and transfer of key processes into manufacturing. Critical activities include process development for anode and cathode mixing and coating using a pilot line in Holland MI, and transfer to a high volume manufacturing line in the same facility. Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement with thoughtful, collaborative and disciplined execution is a must.
The successful candidate will have over 5 years of experience implementing electrode mixing and coating processes onto manufacturing toolsets and demonstrated ability to map process windows.
- Transfer electrode mix and coat technologies between the development line in Santa Clara CA and the Pilot Line in Holland MI, and to the manufacturing toolset in the same facility.
- Perform DOE’s to establish process windows and process capability
- Implement and monitor process controls. Develop, update and maintain process documentation and SPC based manufacturing control plans.
- Sustain current line activities with a focus on quality control and yield improvement
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to implement new equipment, fixtures, and procedures to improve quality, yield, uptime, cycle time and throughput.
- Occasional travel between the work location in Holland MI and development line in Santa Clara CA is required
Skills & Experience:
- Graduate degree in engineering, materials science, chemistry, physics, or a related field
- Expertise in battery electrode mix and coat across development and manufacturing lines
- Demonstrated ability to develop new process and implement effective process controls
- Title and level of position will depend on the seniority of the successful candidate
- This is a regular, full time position
- The position is based in Holland, MI
- Compensation is competitive with manufacturing or process engineer positions
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com