Cost Accounting Manager
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
holland, mi, usa
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2023
Natron seeks a Cost Accounting Manager leading all cost and inventory accounting activities, with a strong background in standard cost, work order process, inventory valuation, manufacturing variance and cost analysis, and general manufacturing processes. This person will be a hands-on leader in building out the cost accounting process and procedures, reporting to the corporate controller. This position will be based in our Holland, MI production center and work closely with our finance and accounting teams from our Santa Clara, CA headquarters.
- Develops cost standards for materials, labor and overhead, leads periodic labor and overhead rate calculation, and leads periodic standard cost updates in NetSuite system.
- Designs cost accounting and inventory policies and procedures and leads continuous improvement on related processes.
- Collaborates with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality and other Technical Operations departments, as well as contract manufacturing organizations to ensure adherence to implemented policies and procedures and ensure timely and accurate reporting of COGS and inventory data.
- Prepares weekly/monthly reports and analysis and works with management to identify cost savings opportunities and efficiencies. Reports and analysis under the responsibility of the Cost Accounting Manager would include: Purchase Price Variance, Machine Productivity Analysis, Labor Productivity Analysis, Work Order Variances, Excess and Obsolete, Reserves, Slow-Moving Inventory Report etc.
- Works with engineering and Operations to ensure bill of materials are properly completed, and timely updates bill of material costs and standard costs in NetSuite.
- Coordinates with supply chain on inventory reserves; designs and implements processes and controls for physical inventories and cycle counts.
- Performs month-end and quarter-end close procedures including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation and analyses related to cost of goods sold, as well as inventory valuation, balances, adjustments and reserves.
Experience and Skills:
- BS Degree in accounting
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in cost accounting required
- NetSuite experience required
- Manufacturing experience required
- Cost accounting experience with inventory, purchase price variances, and manufacturing cost variances
- Experience with business process improvement techniques
- This is a full-time role working onsite (Hybrid schedule) in our Holland, MI office
- Competitive compensation at similar size companies in the West Michigan area
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up. The company has a strong leadership team that includes world-class C and VP level strategy, sales, operations, and technology executives.
· Founded in 2012 as a Stanford spin out
· Now selling the world’s first UL certified Na-ion product in $9B data center market, with $700k shipped and $1.5M booked
· First product (battery tray for in-rack power) is fully de-risked and sold out through Q1 2023
· Second product (ultra high-power battery rack services) launched in 2022
What differentiates Natron Energy from other battery companies?
Natron Energy solves the problems created by lead acid and lithium-ion technology:
· Higher power discharge and faster recharge
A smaller footprint for high power leaves more space to generate revenue
Fast recharge results in higher system uptime
· Industry leading service life
Tens-of-thousands of charge-discharge cycles enables real-time peak saving of volatile electrical loads
Predictable degradation without surprise failures
The only battery that cannot start a fire
Customers gain confidence and save on fire mitigation costs
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
See more open positions at Natron Energy
Something looks off?