Electrode Manufacturing Technician
holland, mi, usa
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2022
Natron Energy is seeking an Electrode Manufacturing Technician to join our Operations Team to assist in the manufacturing of battery cells. The occupant of this position will be involved in slurry mixing and electrode coating. Qualified applicants will have prior hands-on lab experience, preferably in the field of batteries or Roll-to-Roll manufacturing. This is a hands-on position working in a lab environment. The person for this position has a positive, team-first attitude, carefully follows instructions and SOPs, is meticulous and detail oriented, and is willing to learn and master new skills. The person will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Handling raw materials such as chemicals and battery electrodes
- Clean, maintain, and prepare equipment for manufacturing and experimental processes.
- Participate in electrode manufacturing processes according to SOP, potentially including: Mixing electrode slurries from raw materials, Operation of slot die coating process.
- Work with the team to help identify opportunities for process improvement and conduct occasional experiments
- Support development of new processes and products at both a pilot line and manufacturing level
- Maintain commitment to safety, quality, and continuous improvement
- Complete production documentation and support transfer of materials to next stage of processing
Experience and Skills:
- More than 3 years of experience following and executing SOPs in a pilot or full-scale manufacturing plant that includes the use of material processing equipment and chemical handling.
- Commitment to developing and supporting a cohesive team as well as an effective and healthy work environment.
- Hands on laboratory or production experience working with materials and chemicals.
- Prior battery experience in full scale, pilot or lab settings is preferred.
- Roll-to-roll processing experience is preferred.
- Careful and meticulous when working with samples and when entering data.
- Hands-on and an ability to thrive in a multi-tasking environment
- This is a full time, permanent position.
- Employees must work on site in Holland.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up. The company has a strong leadership team that includes world-class C and VP level strategy, sales, operations, and technology executives.
· Founded in 2012 as a Stanford spin out
· Now selling the world’s first UL certified Na-ion product in $9B data center market, with $700k shipped and $1.5M booked
· First product (battery tray for in-rack power) is fully de-risked and sold out through Q1 2023
· Second product (ultra high-power battery rack services) launched in 2022
What differentiates Natron Energy from other battery companies?
Natron Energy solves the problems created by lead acid and lithium-ion technology:
· Higher power discharge and faster recharge
A smaller footprint for high power leaves more space to generate revenue
Fast recharge results in higher system uptime
· Industry leading service life
Tens-of-thousands of charge-discharge cycles enables real-time peak saving of volatile electrical loads
Predictable degradation without surprise failures
The only battery that cannot start a fire
Customers gain confidence and save on fire mitigation costs
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com
See more open positions at Natron Energy
Something looks off?