Senior Systems Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2022
Natron is looking for a Systems Engineer with experience in battery and high-power systems, preferably uninterruptable power systems (UPS). The occupant of this position will work in a team of engineers to solve technical challenges associated with the design and implementation of our energy storage products targeted to end application systems. He or she will be involved in the specification, design, and test of our batteries. This person will focus on system-level design and integration of battery modules and components within battery packs and customer end products. This position requires extensive hands-on work and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude to get the job done.
- Understanding of industry and customer application requirements, and translating these into product design specifications.
- Ownership of system-level designs for Natron’s product line of high-powered battery systems, particularly focused on electrical and mechanical design aspects.
- Formulate and specify product test requirements, especially as it relates to the overall system.
- Lead the design and testing of the product to meet UL, telecom, and data center compliance requirements, in partnership with certification engineering team.
- Document designs with engineering models and drawings, and relevant analyses to other teams and management.
- Work with Operations and Manufacturing Teams to meet cost targets and DFM through optimized design of the modules, batteries, and systems.
- Participate in FMEA for the product designs.
- Serve as a technical resource for integration of products into customer applications.
Experience and Skills:
- Over five years of prior experience in engineering of battery and power systems; UPS, industrial power, or data center segment experience is a plus.
- Experience in design of systems for high-voltage applications (300 to 1000+ volts).
- Strong understanding of underlying systems design concepts and ability to anticipate design requirements, especially as related to high voltage and high current applications.
- Familiarity with control and monitoring interfaces, and industry standard communications.
- Experience with designs going into commercial production.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with across an engineering organization and internal stakeholders.
- Familiarity with development phases and engineering change processes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, in engineering, preferably electrical, mechanical, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This is a regular, full time position.
- Employee must work on-site in Santa Clara, CA.
- Compensation is competitive with other Bay Area Systems Engineering positions.
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $168,000 and a maximum of $227,000.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com