Logistics & Operations Planner- Vancouver, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to an important problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected, and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
As a result of our growth, we are looking to add an experienced Logistics & Operations Planner to join our Operations team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Manager, Inventory Control, the Operations Planner/Logistics is responsible for coordinating the logistics of our products, maintaining inventory for our main and customer warehouses and various other supply chain-related tasks. In this role, you’ll work closely with our with Product Development, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing and Services teams to ensure our supply chain process is smooth and streamlined throughout.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Order and schedule the procurement of materials to ensure FS inventory levels are maintained, expediting orders when necessary.
- Prepare shipments for local clients as required (packaging, crating, palletizing) and verify it against sales order and shipping documentation (labelling, incoming, and outgoing parts).
- Receiving and entering packages into our inventory management system (Microsoft Dynamics).
- Coordinate, and arrange inbound and outbound freight for finished goods and other good movements.
- Partnering with transportation carriers to ensure all necessary information is updated to have shipments depart and arrive on time.
- Problem-solving to resolve day-to-day carrier, vendor, purchasing and warehousing complications as applicable.
- Collaborating with domestic or overseas vendors to identify opportunities to reduce supply lead time and improve on-time shipments.
- Leading or participating in resolution in regard to product availability/loading, carrier, customs clearance, warehouses, and deliveries.
- Documenting and tracking service details and operational challenges.
- Assist Global Supply Chain Team during high periods of demand.
- Bachelor’s degree: preferably in Administration, Supply Chain, Operations, or other relevant fields; a diploma in Supply Chain Management is considered an asset but not required.
- Relevant industry experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel internationally as required with a Valid Passport.
- 4+ years of experience in inventory planning and logistics for a product development company, working with quality control systems, procurement, shop orders, deviations and other manufacturing processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to inform at all levels of the organization and with external suppliers.
- Ability to work autonomously under pressure, without requiring direct supervision.
- Flexibility to ensure results in the face of changing scenarios and priorities.
- Strong organizational and multi-task management skills.
- Collaborative and an ability to work with remote, heterogeneous and dynamic teams.
Why is this a good opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
Something looks off?