Intermediate Electrical Engineer - Vancouver, BC
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We have developed an advanced sensing technology that provides mines with ability to optimize the separation of waste from ore. Our differentiated solution is used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, to empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
To support our growth, we are looking for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to support our product development and manufacturing team. You will work with cutting edge technologies and with a dynamic team of engineers to develop something that has never been done before. The role allows for creativity and innovation to come up with unique solutions to complex problems.
How to Apply:
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Designing and specifying electrical and controls system components and circuits.
- Troubleshooting the issues in existing electrical components and systems.
- Defining the requirement, configuration, point to point connections and list of components of each wiring harness.
- Supporting and troubleshooting the manufacturing and assembly issues during prototyping and production stages.
- Bench calibration and verification of sensors, actuators, and electronic components.
- Collaborating with vendors and suppliers to ensure proper manufacturing of the designed assemblies.
- Developing and performing validation tests at system and sub-system levels.
- Collaborating with other engineering departments in product development activities.
- Generating design documentation, drawings, schematics, manufacturing files and bill of materials using Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and CAD tools.
- Developing production and rework procedures, instructions, and checklists.
- Documenting the control system narrative.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics or Controls system engineering, registered P.Eng / EIT or eligible for registration with Engineers & Geoscientists BC -EGBC.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as an Electrical or Control engineer.
- Hands on experience designing and troubleshooting electrical components and systems.
- Experience with 3D harness design, installation drawings and 3D modelling of multi-breakout harnesses.
- Proficiency with at least one harness design platform.
- Strong prototyping and soldering skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently and supervise co-ops and junior engineers.
Nice to haves:
- High level system understanding or design experience.
- Knowledge of automotive and mobile equipment power and controls system is a plus.
- Experience building products for a harsh environment would be beneficial.
- EPLAN experience is an asset.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.