Sensors Co Op
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Be part of something incredible. Metals are necessary for our world, but mining historically faced issues with waste, sustainability, and inefficiencies. MineSense is changing that. Our solutions reduce mining waste and environmental impacts while increasing profits and efficiencies. Backed by the best in venture capital and government funds, and recognized by tech industry and sustainability programs, MineSense is doing what many said could not be done: improving mining for people and planet.
We are looking to add a co-op student to our Sensors team in Vancouver, BC. This individual is responsible for providing support to the Advanced Research & Technology Development Team for ongoing testing, product development projects, and intermittent lab work. Some computer skills will be necessary for data analysis and processing. The candidate will work collaboratively with team members to assist them in their research experiments to improve and expand our product line.
An ideal candidate will be a fast learner, be able to adapt to new situations and tasks, quickly move from one task to another and be capable of learning both the engineering side of our product line as well as details of implementation. The ability to carefully read and understand instructions and be able to communicate well with other team members is expected.
Please note this role is for Students or New Graduates ONLY and the deadline for applying to this position is 18th February 2024.
- Support ongoing testing and help run experiments for new campaigns.
- Assist others in the processing and analysis of research data with some research report preparation.
- Work with multi-disciplined engineers and scientists to assist them in the development, test, evaluation, and analysis of new ideas as needed.
- Have some familiarity with software such as Python, C, C++ and the ability to improve those skills on the job as needed.
- Currently enrolled in applied science field such as physics, engineering physics, electrical engineering, or any related discipline.
- 3rd or 4th year students preferred.
- Experience using data analysis tools or coding language (Python, R, or Matlab) for data acquisition and analysis.
- Testing, Validation & Development experience would be nice.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Understanding basic electronics, wiring and DC circuit is an asset.
- Be able to lift 10 to 15 kg with relative ease, manipulate screws, bolts with tool.
The salary offered to the successful candidate will be based on their experience, knowledge and skills they bring to MineSense, market data based on their location as well as internal equity. We are in growth mode and are looking for talented folks at all levels, so please do not hesitate to apply.
Our total rewards package includes:
· A competitive bonus.
· Matching RRSP or 401K program (for Canadian and US employees)
· A comprehensive benefit program
· Hybrid work ( for roles that do not require to be onsite).
· 3 weeks' vacation or more depending on the position.
· Company organized social events and celebrations to connect with your team.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
MineSense is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment or hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
All applications are welcome, even if you don't meet all the requirements, so please do not hesitate to apply.