Intermediate People Business Partner
Marketing & Communications, People & HR
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Be part of something incredible. Metals are necessary for our world, but mining historically faced issues with waste, sustainability, and inefficiencies. MineSense is changing that. Our solutions reduce mining waste and environmental impacts while increasing profits and efficiencies. Backed by the best in venture capital and government funds, and recognized by tech industry and sustainability programs, MineSense is doing what many said could not be done: improving mining for people and planet.
MineSense Technologies is seeking a collaborative and employee experience focused People Business Partner. The role’s primary purpose is to provide Human Resource (HR) expertise, guidance, and support to assigned internal client groups. As a member of the People Team, they contribute to creating a positive work environment, fostering employee development, and driving business success through effective HR strategies.
- Works with various client groups within the organization and provide advice and support on People related inquires, issues or concerns.
- Develops and maintains People policies and procedures and drives improvements through external market trends and local employment law legislation change.
- Maintains and documents processes for the Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Aligns People practices and initiatives with client groups’ strategy and overall business goals.
- Prepares People focused reports, provides insights for company People metrics and develops dashboards.
- Collaborates with the Talent Acquisition Team to support recruitment efforts for assigned client groups by e.g. developing job descriptions, conducting interviews and preparing offer letters.
- Works with managers of assigned client groups to address employee development needs and create growth opportunities.
- Contributes to the creation of employee development initiatives, including training programs and workshops.
- Actively contributes to all HR activities practiced by the team (team meetings etc.).
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Communications Team and Talent Acquisition Team to support employer branding internally and externally.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Human Resources Diploma and/or Business Management Degree or equivalent would be required.
- 2-4 years’ experience or a combination of education and experience in Human Resources.
- Previous experience working in a technology environment is preferred. Previous experience in the mining industry would be beneficial.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Previous experience in working with a Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) is required. Experience working with UKG is beneficial.
The salary offered to the successful candidate will be based on their experience, knowledge and skills they bring to MineSense, market data based on their location as well as internal equity. We are in growth mode and are looking for talented folks at all levels, so please do not hesitate to apply.
Our total rewards package includes:
· A competitive bonus.
· Matching RRSP or 401K program (for Canadian and US employees)
· A comprehensive benefit program
· Hybrid work ( for roles that do not require to be onsite).
· 3 weeks' vacation or more depending on the position.
· Company organized social events and celebrations to connect with your team.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
MineSense is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment or hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
All applications are welcome, even if you don't meet all the requirements, so please do not hesitate to apply.