Intermediate Geoscience Data Analyst
Marketing & Communications, IT, Data Science
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Be part of something incredible. Metals are necessary for our world, but mining historically faced issues with waste, sustainability, and inefficiencies. MineSense is changing that. Our solutions reduce mining waste and environmental impacts while increasing profits and efficiencies. Backed by the best in venture capital and government funds, and recognized by tech industry and sustainability programs, MineSense is doing what many said could not be done: improving mining for people and planet.
We are looking to add an Intermediate GeoScience Data Analyst to our GeoScience team. The role will report to the Team Lead, GeoScience and be based out of the Vancouver office. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in detailed data analysis and statistics within the mining industry. You will work with clients globally, to incorporate MineSense solutions into their ore control processes and show them the value of using our systems. If you enjoy working with data, collaborating with multidisciplinary groups, and have a mining, geology, or geophysics background, we want to hear from you!
- Helping new and existing clients leverage MineSense technology in their grade control engineering processes, which includes developing client facing reports and presentations.
- Collaborating with internal teams to develop prediction models by correlating mine grade measurements or estimates with our sensor results to identify patterns, trends or other data features that relate to grade, texture, mineralogy, or lithology.
- Working with the Field Service and Product Development team to further enhance our products and services through system data analysis and data quality assurance/control.
- Determining and tracking data model accuracy and precision through comparison with sampled assay grades or grade estimates.
- Reporting and presenting data results/trends to internal teams, as well as external clients.
- Working closely with the Data team to create queries, scripts, and reports while ensuring data is well organized and maintained.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with our clients.
- Promotes a positive company culture through sharing of information and supporting the learning and development of all colleagues.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- Degree in Earth Sciences (Geology, Geophysics), Geostatistics, Data Analytics, Mining Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant working experience, where experience in mining is preferred.
- Experience performing statistical analysis or data science in a work setting is preferred.
- Mining experience with in-grade control or working with ore control models is preferred.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as python or other statistical packages.
- Experience with SQL is preferred.
- Experience and passion for solving analytical problems involving diverse data sets using quantitative approaches to generate insights.
- Attention to detail and an interest in problem solving.
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required.
- Additional oral and written proficiency in Spanish is required.
- The ability to travel and support global offices is required (10-30%).
- Legally able to work in Canada.
The salary offered to the successful candidate will be based on their experience, knowledge and skills they bring to MineSense, market data based on their location as well as internal equity. We are in growth mode and are looking for talented folks at all levels, so please do not hesitate to apply.
Our total rewards package includes:
· A competitive bonus.
· Matching RRSP or 401K program (for Canadian and US employees)
· A comprehensive benefit program
· Hybrid work ( for roles that do not require to be onsite).
· 3 weeks' vacation or more depending on the position.
· Company organized social events and celebrations to connect with your team.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
MineSense is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment or hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
All applications are welcome, even if you don't meet all the requirements, so please do not hesitate to apply.