Payroll Administrator(3 months Fixed term Contract)
Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an experienced Payroll Administrator to our Finance team in Vancouver for a 3-month fixed-term contract. Reporting to the Controller, the Specialist is responsible for the description of duties.
- Working with the Finance Team and the Senior Payroll and Benefits specialist assisting with the implementation of Ceridian Dayforce.
- Aid with the preparation of the Canadian payroll using the Rise software program.
- Prepare data from the old payroll system, for conversion and importing into the new payroll system.
- Vet data points from the old payroll system to the new payroll system.
- Assist with the preparation of the US payroll using ADP run.
- Assist with training sessions on the new payroll system.
- Enrolling new employees into the payroll software platform.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for all Canadian and US employees.
- Oversee the execution of payroll within our Canadian and US operations.
- Enrolling new employees into our GRSP and approving change/dashboard (contribution) requests.
- Manually adjusting vacation balances.
- Other payroll tasks as maybe assigned.
- 2+ years of full cycle payroll experience
- Experience in either Rise or Ceridian DayForce is highly desired.
- Must have experience processing payroll for 150+ employees in multiple provinces across Canada.
- Excellent verbal communication and relationship management skills.
- An understanding of payroll regulatory requirements and Employment Standards Acts
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Experience working in Microsoft 365.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Payroll Compliance Professional (PCP) is considered an asset.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
The salary offered to the successful candidate will be based on their experience, knowledge and skills they bring to MineSense, market location and internal equity. We are in growth mode and are looking for talented folks at all levels, so please do not hesitate to apply.
Our total rewards package includes:
· A competitive bonus.
· Matching RRSP or 401K program (for Canadian and US employees)
· A comprehensive benefit program.
· Hybrid work ( for roles that do not require to be onsite).
· 3 weeks vacation or more depending on the position.
· Company organized social events and celebrations to connect with your team.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
MineSense is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment or hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
All applications are welcome, even if you don't meet all the requirements, so please do not hesitate to apply.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.