Field Service Engineer- Kamloops
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an experienced FIELD SERVICES ENGINEER to our Engineering team in Kamloops, British Columbia. Reporting to the Manager, Field Services Deployment, the FSE is responsible for customer communications, field installations, and engineering troubleshooting. An ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter who can work without formal processes and be able to formalize or document procedures in our new and fast-growing industry.
- Support our new product in the field.
- Communicate with customers (at all levels) from first contact to commercial completion and aftermarket service.
- Plan, arrange, manage, and execute field installations, maintenance, and repairs.
- Assist MineSense Engineers to improve the product by communicating the product's problems/issues with engineers.
- Work with Mine technical staff to collect and compile the required data to calibrate our systems.
- Bachelor's in an Engineering discipline i.e. Mining Engineering, Earth Sciences, Robotics, Mechatronics, Electrical, Mechanical.
- 1-2+ years experience in the mining industry – on site experience is preferred.
- 2+ years product support/ field service experience is highly desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and a sense of urgency and ability to get things done.
- Creative and enthusiastic persona with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
The salary offered to the successful candidate will be based on their experience, knowledge and skills they bring to MineSense, market location and internal equity. We are in growth mode and are looking for talented folks at all levels, so please do not hesitate to apply.
Our total rewards package includes:
· A competitive bonus.
· Matching RRSP or 401K program (for Canadian and US employees)
· A comprehensive benefit program.
· Hybrid work ( for roles that do not require to be onsite).
· 3 weeks vacation or more depending on the position.
· Company organized social events and celebrations to connect with your team.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
MineSense is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment or hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
All applications are welcome, even if you don't meet all the requirements, so please do not hesitate to apply.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.