UX Product Designer
Mill is all about answering a simple question: how can we prevent waste? Less waste can save time, money, energy, maybe even our planet. And there’s no better place to start than food. Food waste is one of the most solvable climate problems facing us today. Plus, our trash really stinks. It’s gross, heavy, and our least favorite chore. At Mill we are striving to build a better environment for all, as we take on climate and kitchen change.
As the first full-time UX Product Designer at Mill, you will be responsible for leading and executing design processes from concept to implementation. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and other designers, to create seamless and delightful user experiences. The ideal candidate is not only a skilled designer but also possesses a deep understanding of user-centered design principles, industry best practices, and emerging trends.
- Develop a deep understanding of user and business goals to inform design strategy.
- Tackle complex design challenges and provide creative solutions that balance user needs, business objectives, and technical constraints.
- Conduct user research to understand user needs, behaviors, and pain points. Analyze data and feedback to inform design decisions.
- Create wireframes, user flows, and interactive prototypes to visualize and communicate design concepts. Iterate on designs based on feedback and user testing.
- Develop innovative high-fidelity UX/UI/Interaction/Print designs that adhere to brand guidelines and design systems. Ensure consistency across all customer touchpoints.
- Plan and conduct usability testing sessions to gather feedback and validate design decisions. Use insights to refine and enhance the user experience.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and influence decision-making.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and other designers, to align on project goals and deliverables. Foster a collaborative and inclusive design process.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- 6+ years of proven experience as a UX/Product Designer, with a strong portfolio showcasing successful projects.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
The estimated base salary range for this position is $120k to $160k, which does not include the value of benefits or a potential equity grant. A wide range of factors are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets, market conditions, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and business and organizational needs. At Mill, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role.