Hardware System Reliability Engineer
Mill is all about answering a simple question: how can we prevent waste? Less waste can save time, money, energy, maybe even our planet. And there’s no better place to start than food. Food waste is one of the most solvable climate problems facing us today. Plus, our trash really stinks. It’s gross, heavy, and our least favorite chore. At Mill we are striving to build a better environment for all, as we take on climate and kitchen change.
About this Role:
As a Reliability Engineer at Mill, you will be responsible for ensuring that Mill's hardware products meet a very high quality bar for longterm device performance. We are a small team and you will work closely with the Design Engineers and Operations team. This is a hands-on role but also includes managing third parties and representing the reliability lens across the company.
- Create meaningful quality metrics that can be used during product development and metrics for monitoring product quality of production devices in the field
- Create and Reliability Test plans covering anticipated use and misuse of the product over anticipated lifespace, including accelerated life testing and key regulatory and certification requirements
- Manage certification process with UL and related agencies
- Analyze test results and create field-use risk assessments
- Perform first-pass Failure Analysis and drive corrective actions with robust documentation
- Leverage third parties and some internal testing to execute Reliability Test plans during development and during ongoing production
- Drive Reliability testing throughout the supply chain including component production and final assembly
- Build internal lab capabilities for critical development test items
- Enable teams design quality into the products by establishing and managing Risk Analysis and FMEA techniques
- 10+ years experience working as Reliability Engineer in consumer electronics, automotive, appliance or related field
- Ability to work cross functionally and represent the reliability function in company meetings
- Hands-on experience with reliability test equipment and failure analysis tools
- BS and or MS degree in related engineering field preferably with focus on Reliability Engineering
- 4+ years experience building and leading engineering teams
- Strong communications skills through written, verbal and graphical presentation techniques
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across the entire company
The estimated base salary range for this position is $155k to $200k, which does not include the value of benefits or a potential equity grant. A wide range of factors are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets, market conditions, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and business and organizational needs. At Mill, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role.
For your awareness, we have been requiring that all employees and visitors who come into our offices verify that they are fully vaccinated with respect to COVID-19. Of course we are open to discussing accommodations where legally required, such as for medical or religious reasons. If you need to discuss accommodations or better understand this requirement, please let me know. Otherwise, please prepare to provide verification of your vaccination.