The Plant Controller works closely with the Corporate Controller, CFO, Director of Operations, and Plant General Manager to improve and maintain the local Plant’s Operational accounting functions. This position will provide ownership and accountability for the Plant’s cost accounting, loss & labor analysis, inventory control, fixed asset accounting, cost controls, monthly financial close, accounts payable approvals, general ledger posting, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Promote business partnership with local Plant leadership through active collaboration, support, and pursuit of strategic and tactical opportunities and challenges. Act as the site financial expert and resource while promoting alignment with the company vision.
- Partner with local Plant leadership and Corporate in the preparation, review, and analysis of plant-level budgets, forecasts, and analysis of results.
- Assess, review, and maintain the Vendor payment processes.
- Manage capital budget for facilities, prepare ROI analysis and ensure management has visibility to cash flow impact as expense for both the manufacturing plant and pilot plant.
- Maintain fixed asset schedule for production and R&D facilities.
- Responsible for the administration of plant internal controls in conjunction with plant leadership including cycle and physical counts of raw material, fixed asset accuracy, segregation of duties, etc.
- Work closely with the Corporate Controller and CFO to oversee the tactical operations of external auditors, actuaries, financial institutions, and property/liability/casualty insurance brokers/carriers, as deemed necessary.
- Manage the Senior Cost Accountant, developing OKRs and performance
- Support and oversee the journal entry, month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close, and financial statement preparation processes for the Plant
- Provide adequate and cost-effective safeguards to company assets, including ensuring the maintenance of internal accounting and management controls, providing appropriate assistance to leadership in controlling expenses, and maximizing returns to preserve the value of the company.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting and financial analysis in support of all local Plant and Corporate requirements
- Maintain auditable systems and effectively support internal and external audits
- Accountable for local annual planning, Plant budget creation, and adherence with regular reporting on deviations and forecasting
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS or BA degree in Accounting or related degree required
- CPA or MBA is a plus
- Experience as plant controller in manufacturing environment required with understanding of cost accounting and bill of materials preparation.
- Experience with strategic projects and analysis of very large, complex sets of data
- Experience in the food manufacturing industry preferred
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Strong work ethic and utmost integrity
- Ability to use mathematical and statistical knowledge to assess data and determine process capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to simplify and explain complex accounting guidance across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and follow-through to achieve results and meet deadlines to meet the needs of the business
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to build trust, provide direction, and vitality to execute with excellence and achieve extraordinary results
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
**Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Meati™ we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.**
Compensation: $120,000 - $158,000 including a potential annual bonus and equity. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..