Line Lead - Food Production
The role of Line Lead working in Thornton, CO will be part of Meati Operations by leading and coaching a 24-hour manufacturing operation. You will lead departmental operations towards the vision of a high-performance team culture and drive change management initiatives to continually improve both plant and process operations. You will contribute to the operations manager group on-site developing short-term tactics and contributing to the planet operations strategy. This position reports to the Senior Manager within their respective department, directly oversees a team of Supervisors, and works closely with the Maintenance Lead, Process Lead, and Technical Operators.
- Responsible for deploying and maintaining standards and owning the Area Daily Direction-Setting (DDS) process and the Run to Target Process for unit/line.
- Line/Area Managers are responsible for the results of their area and building long-term capability in their area and systems. They lead our efforts to identify and drive out losses through standards and implementing daily systems that enable us to produce the highest quality products.
- Providing leadership to deliver continuous improvement of our operations, work processes, automation technologies, systems, and reliability.
- Managing, coaching, and building capability in technicians.
- Identifying, prioritizing, analyzing, and eliminating losses and inefficiencies.
- Delivery and start-up of new equipment, initiatives, and projects.
- Collaborating with technical experts and other functions to create the best solutions.
- Creating and improving standards to enable us to achieve the performance targets for the processing area.
- Ensuring and sustaining operational safety, product quality, and records accuracy for the line.
- Responsible for building the capability of the organization and for fostering a healthy team culture.
The Work Schedule:
Meati is committed to re-imagining manufacturing and providing a schedule that allows our employees to maintain a great work-life balance while driving amazing results when on-site. In this role, you will work with a leadership team on a rotating 12-hour 2-2-3 schedule to provide 7-day coverage. The team will be comprised of 2 rotations, each having a Line Lead, Maintenance Lead, and Manufacturing Engineer, so that your days off are truly yours, and you have a dedicated team to hit the ground running with when you’re on-site. This schedule rotation will give you a combination of weekdays and weekends off to balance time with family and friends as well as those sought-after weekdays to enjoy Colorado outdoors without all the crowds. While a majority day-shift role, we will expect that you flex your hours on your assigned days to ensure that you’re covering the business and spending adequate time with each shift.
- Possess a proven track record of achievement in a high-speed, high-volume manufacturing environment.
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of business priorities.
- You are a motivated leader that can inspire others; you respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a manufacturing/operation supervisor.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in operations, Engineering, Science or Business OR equivalent experience.
The base salary range for this role is $74,250 - $97,875 annually, which is just one aspect of our total compensation package. In addition to the salary, this position is eligible for a potential annual bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..
Something looks off?