Senior Director of Fermentation Scale Up
As the Sr. Director of Fermentation Scale Up, you will lead the fermentation scale up team focused on increasing scales from pilot to commercial. You will drive the department strategy, engage with cross-functional teams, leverage your technical knowledge to support the design and commissioning of new facilities. This role will manage a high performing team across multiple disciplines and report to the VP of Fermentation and R&D.
Our ideal candidate will bring deep experience in fermentation and scale up to commercial, excellent people management skills, and a sound understanding of operations. You should have an innate curiosity for understanding and solving unique challenges for a first to market product in mycelium-based protein and will be able to provide transformational leadership to build a strong team to deliver results and be enthusiastic about developing people and high-performance teams.
You will be able to work independently and be able to creatively adapt to changing timelines and priorities. You will explore evolving technology to apply to the manufacturing process and ensure the best technology selection to deliver cost and performance. Finally, you will be a vital contributor to creating the reality of sustainable, ethical, and delicious foods.
- Establish strategy and direction, group timelines, and goals for both short and long term for scale up team.
- Work closely with cross function partners to achieve scale up/scale down initiatives.
- Partner closely with:
- Operations and engineering teams during commissioning and start up.
- Engineering to provide support on design and implementation of manufacturing facilities.
- Internal stakeholder in Process Development and Strain Development to ensure line of sight for implementation of new technologies are taken into consideration with fermentation strategy.
- Utilize data developed in collaboration with cross functional teams to scale up processes to commercial scale.
- Manage, develop and retain a high performing team of manager(s) and downline direct reports of 7-8 people.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
What you will bring
- You have a minimum Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or similar discipline (advanced degree preferred).
- 8+ years of leadership experience with directing cross-functional teams and engineering organizations.
- 15+ years’ experience in fermentation, with direct experience in commercial scale fermentation.
- Experience directly managing, mentoring and motivating high performing teams.
- Experience with start-up and commissioning of new facilities.
- Strong change management skills, and an ability to manage projects through influence as well as through contractual arrangements.
- You are an honest collaborator who thrives on sharing their knowledge and taking in the experiences of others; an excellent communicator, who can work effectively with all.
- Innovative and creative critical thinker with an analytical mindset and strong critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated, highly agile, flexible, adaptable, and possessing the ability to roll with the punches in a fast-moving, fast-growing, start-up environment.
- A servant leadership mindset to support everyone on your team to achieve maximum performance and growth for the organization
Additional Information & Requirements:
This is a full time regular position based out of our Headquarters in Boulder, CO
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
**Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Meati™ we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.**
The base salary range for this role Is $185,000 - $210,000 /annually, which is just one aspect of our total compensation package. In addition to the salary, this position is eligible for a potential annual bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..
Something looks off?