Director, Reliability, Maintenance & Engineering
The Director, Reliability, Maintenance & Engineering at Meati Foods will work to streamline maintenance and reliability practices and build new infrastructure for our first full-scale manufacturing plant. You will collaborate with Maintenance Line Leads, Facilities/Utilities and Reliability Engineers, and Project Engineers to build, implement, and maintain our phase I, II, and III strategies for reliability and maintenance at this mega ranch. This is a new pillar within the Meati Foods team and this role will have direct impact in identifying the org structure and developing a skilled bench of technical experts to support our plant. This metrics-driven professional passionate about sustainability and human health, will have the exciting opportunity to build and own an entirely new process and strategy as we look to scale-up production of our mycelium meats to 50,000 lbs per day!
- Develop, implement, and maintain maintenance and reliability strategy for plants including assets, spare parts, CMMS, preventative, and predictive maintenance tools
- Offer guidance on capital planning through the lens of maintenance, reliability & engineering
- Manage CMMS strategy and ensure it is utilized properly to drive planned maintenance, record unplanned maintenance activities while tracking key maintenance performance measures
- Develop key performance indicators to track impact of maintenance department
- Develop and advise on industry best practices for predictive maintenance, CMMS implementation, aligns engineering team on best practices for new equipment hand-offs to operations
- Establish analytical tools and reporting methods for network standardization
- Drive data standardization, use, and maintenance within the MVP CMMS system
- Develop and foster a communication network that promotes interaction between corporate, engineering solutions, and plant maintenance
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and provide updates to executive team
- Manage and provide mentorship to a Plant Technical Manager and Manufacturing Engineers
- Guide and provide strategic leadership to all maintenance and reliability teams across the plant
- Partner with Senior Plant Technical Manager(s) and Talent Team to develop, implement, and maintain hiring and training strategy for Technical Operators and other technical personnel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 10+ years of industrial experience managing corporate reliability and maintenance programs for CPG facilities
- In-depth understanding of reliability and maintenance tools, including breakdown elimination
- Experience building and implementing new reliability and maintenance strategies
- Strong experience using CMMS programs and in-depth understanding of TPM tools
- Strong leadership experience hiring, training, and managing matrixed teams within multiple disciplines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills at all levels within an organization; both written and verbal
- Demonstrated understanding and a broad range of experience in equipment design, fabrication, and maintenance
- Diverse understanding of technology, including complexities of products, equipment, and costs
- Must possess strong skills in project management
- Prior experience as a reliability, maintenance, or PTM engineer
- Experience using MVP or other software-based CMMS programs
- Vibration analysis or infrared experience and other predictive maintenance techniques
- Experience building M&E KPIs
- Experience in program management using KPIs, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement tools
**Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Meati™ we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.**
The base salary range for this role is $127,500 - $191,250 annually, which is just one aspect of our total compensation package. In addition to the salary, this position is eligible for a potential annual bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..