Head of Business Development
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is hiring a Senior Manager, Business Development to join our team. In this role, you’ll be the driving visionary in building and scaling Lime across Japan. Your key partners will be the Country Manager, our global Business Development team, Operations and Government Relations teams, and multiple other functional stakeholders working hand-in-hand to make Lime the go-to-choice for urban mobility.
In this highly collaborative role you will craft large enterprise parking deals and will partner with real estate firms, retailers, banks and government enterprises to bring each deal to life. Additionally, you will manage a team of contractors who will focus on the partnership efforts with Small to Medium Enterprise Businesses.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic and framework-based thinker experienced in an evolving startup. You’re a problem solver with the ability to balance short-term execution with long-term vision. You’re fueled by building and scaling and want to be part of an innovative organization.
Please ensure your resume is written in English
What you'll do:
- Own and manage the acquisition strategy including the onboarding and account management of parking port providers in Japan
- Supply: Develop and execute a comprehensive scalable sales/partnership strategy focused on acquiring parking ports for Lime vehicles (80%)
- Demand: Source and evaluate potential partnerships with companies in the telco-carrier industry that can help drive demand for Lime vehicles (20%)
- Focus on scaling new revenue streams (e.g. advertising on vehicles, B2B) and work closely with the US BD team on our Uber integration in Japan
- Partner with our global internal Business Development team to negotiate deals that provide Lime a competitive advantage in the market and a win/win for both sides
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data (e.g. market trends, competitor activities, shift in total addressable market, customer feedback, etc.) to continually refine our port acquisition strategy
- Manage an outside sales agency or contractor base focused on parking partnerships with SMEs
- Prepare and present analysis of market details, actionable insights and recommendations to leadership
- Bilingual in Japanese and English; with advanced business-level Japanese and fluent English communication skills required
- 7+ years of experience in a strategic sales and partnership role with a background in sales acquisition strategies with at least 5 years of experience working within the Japan market for a globally diverse organization
- People management experience including the management of external partners that support internal goals and objectives
- A sound track record and experience in multi-tasking both in-market, and global initiatives simultaneously, with the ability to prioritize short/long term goals
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment with cross functional stakeholders
- Large existing network of local business contacts within Japan
- Demonstrated experience interacting and communicating with senior level stakeholders (internal and external)
- Entrepreneurial - willingness to be scrappy and creative in your approach
- Experience in sourcing, negotiating and driving contracts to closure
- Industry expertise with relationships in the real-estate, retail and banking sectors preferred
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.