Government Affairs Manager
Rome, Italy · Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is hiring a Government Affairs Manager to join our Italian team. You will contribute to leading our policy and public affairs work in Italy. You will join a team of entrepreneurial leaders seeking to quickly expand Lime’s reach around the world in this strategic role. You share our vision for new, sustainable, transportation solutions and can persuasively express that vision with elected officials, and decision-makers. The Public Affairs Manager will be an instrumental member of the team, managing existing relationships, supporting our business in Italy, and building local coalitions that pave the way for smart policy. You will also work with other members of the Lime team to relay feedback, and suggestions and improve the overall success of the company.
What you'll do:
- Establish strategic relationships with government and community leaders, policymakers, and regulatory agencies, regularly meeting with them to build trust and mutual interest, mitigate potential obstacles, and convey the company's priorities and strategies
- Help city governments, transit authorities, local partners, and other relevant institutions understand how Lime’s mobility solutions can work for their cities
- Help set and carry out the public policy and advocacy agenda for the company, working collaboratively with the other teams and executives to ensure alignment between business objectives and policy and community outreach goals
- Partner with organizations, educational institutions, and similar groups to align Lime’s social mission with existing transportation, health, and environmental community initiatives
- Collaborate closely with other Lime team members on operations, marketing, and local media activities
- Support the company’s work with strategic advisers and local consultants
- Track and advise on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters affecting your market
- 5+ years experience in government affairs, political campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication/people skills
- A strong business approach and aptitude for finding strategic wins even in the face of initial resistance
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize, and discern strategic paths toward Lime growth using quantifiable metrics
- Available for travel: Travel will be throughout Italy for 20% of the time.
- Degree in Politics, Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent experience
- Ability to build diverse cross-functional relationships across Lime’s business to identify and advise on pertinent issues and navigate the government affairs team to meet the priorities
- Existing transportation, government, and advocacy contacts and relationships in your market
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and work in a rapid startup space
- Full English proficiency necessary
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.