Technical Program Manager - Firmware
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is a technology company that is changing how people get from point A to B via our fleet of shared electric scooters and eBikes. We're empowering our communities with new mobility options that are clean, affordable, and a ton of fun!
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce of individuals with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. At Lime, we believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Technical Program Manager at Lime, you stand on a unique bridge between hardware, firmware and software development. You will take charge of the program development process for an early-stage startup making a real impact in people's day-to-day lives. In this role, you will work closely with a dynamic group of hardware engineers, software engineers, designers, analysts, and other cross functional team members from across the company. You'll have a unique opportunity to define a product that explores uncharted territory using creative IoT technologies and community-centered business strategies.
What you'll do:
- Manage and monitor the firmware development for Lime’s vehicle and charging equipment fleet.
- Work with IoT, firmware, and other eng teams to drive special projects. Identify blockers and proactively work with stakeholders on solutions.
- Define and track the system dashboards on a daily basis. Identify and communicate field issues in a timely manner and drive the resolving process.
- Work with senior leaders and eng managers on firmware roadmaps, testing plans, and release timeline.
- Manage the communications among the eng team, operations team, and hardware team. Provide regular status updates on FM release and projects.
- Maintain relationships with core component suppliers and coordinate joint engineering efforts.
- Collaborate with product teams on feature requirements, prioritize tasks and projects using structured analysis.
- 7+ years with technical industrial experience as a TPM, or a PM, or an Engineer or QA. Minimum 3 years program management experience.
- Analytical abilities: You have a data-centered learning style, and are familiar with SQL. Familiarity with productivity tools, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Technical Proficiency: Strong engineering background with emphasis on electrical engineering and firmware development. Experience with electric mobility is a plus.
- Hustle: You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, work independently and a multitasking expert.
- Operational mindset: You have worked in an operations-heavy environment and understand operational needs from a product perspective.
- Bilinguist: Strong communication skills in both English and Chinese, able to effectively manage teams from APAC, NA, and EU.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.