Senior Director of Global Supply Chain Planning and Logistics
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is seeking a strategic, analytical, and transformational leader for its global planning and logistics team, reporting to the Chief Hardware & Supply Chain Officer. You will own all aspects of supply planning, supply plan attainment, hub inventory management, global logistics, and fulfillment of vehicles to Lime’s operating teams worldwide. You will also own recycling and end-of-life planning and execution for our fleet of vehicles and batteries.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in rapidly evolving, high-growth, global environments, with a track record of driving supply chain transformation, excellence, and scalability. You are a collaborative business partner, with the ability to lead, influence, and drive strategic initiatives across functions. You are a builder of high-performance teams that are data-driven, innovative, and resilient. You are a continuous learner and thrive on your ability to solve complex problems that deliver meaningful and sustainable competitive advantage.
We are a remote-first company and welcome applications from California, Texas, Oregon and Washington.
What you'll do:
- Lead a dynamic global team, supporting their development, providing mentorship & support while leading them in effectively balancing day-to-day execution with ongoing business transformation.
- Develop and build a world-class supply planning function and associated workflows to enable maximum preparedness, risk mitigation, transparency, and resilience across the supply chain.
- Identify and lead projects designed to significantly improve our global supply planning and inventory management processes.
- Contribute to and support continuous improvements in our demand forecast process to enhance accuracy across our global business units.
- Work with Ops stakeholders to guide the development of optimal inventory levels and turn rates to establish min/max stock levels and optimized replenishment SLAs.
- Formulate and utilize methods and systems for enhancing improved control over supply and inventory while driving down OOS rates and avoiding overstock or stagnant inventory situations.
- Lead & support SOX compliance initiatives across all planning and inventory functions.
- Determine budgetary needs in support of inventory management and support the annual budget process for CapEx and Spare Parts spend
- Lead the work to identify new item setup improvements and standardization consistent with the expectations of the business and our systems.
- Implement global logistics and hub strategies to ensure that we are well-positioned to deliver world-class results in the face of ongoing uncertainty across the supply chain environment.
- Lead and influence the implementation, deployment, and build-out of scalable enterprise systems and tools with key internal and cross-functional teams.
- Measure and continuously improve key end-to-end supply chain performance indicators from build plan attainment, on-time delivery, and inventory effectiveness.
- Develop Lime’s end-of-life planning processes, including second-life and end-of-life for Lime’s fleet of vehicles and batteries.
- 12+ years of increasing levels of experience in Demand/Supply Planning, Manufacturing, Inventory Management, Order fulfillment, and/or Logistics management within rapidly growing and fast-paced environments.
- Skilled people leader with 7+ years of experience building, managing, and inspiring high-performing teams.
- Experience selecting and building partnerships with contract manufacturers and logistics services providers, including negotiating contracts and service-level agreements.
- Experience leading, transforming, and scaling supply chain teams, processes, and functions.
- Significant experience developing scalable business processes and implementing and using ERP software (familiarity with Netsuite a plus).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail, without losing sight of the big picture.
- Ability to manage both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to influence and inspire action in others, with or without a direct reporting line.
- Solid understanding of SOX compliance requirements for direct procurement, planning and inventory management.
- Exceptional problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master’s preferred).
The anticipated salary range for this position is $154,000.00 - $259,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
See more open positions at Lime
Something looks off?