Principal Vehicle Product Manager
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is hiring a Principal Product Manager to join our Hardware team! In this role, you will report into the Director of Product Management for our Vehicles and Hardware.
As a Principal Product Manager, you define the strategic vision, own the long-term roadmap, and drive teams to execute on that vision. You are responsible for the end-to-end customer experience, working across a cross-functional team in support of our global customer base.
We are a remote first company and for many roles, we welcome applications from anywhere we operate. It is preferred that this role is based within 60 minutes of a US city in which Lime operates.
What You'll Do:
- You create and own the roadmap. You set the vision for your product area, leading teams to execute through persuasion and analysis. You own the product development process from start to finish to bring new products to life, partnering directly with our engineering, design, and research teams to build consumer-facing features.
- You understand customer needs and pain points, analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to gather requirements, prioritize, and make decisions.
- You work backwards from the customer experiences we want to deliver. You write product requirements, and drive consensus with business and technical stakeholders.
- You lead execution of product development activities, ensuring successful implementation and launch of high quality features. This is done in close collaboration with the various teams in engineering, operations, finance, policy, and product.
- You are comfortable working across multiple technologies, able to discuss architectures and technical tradeoffs. You are able to work with across hardware (e.g wheels, brakes, batteries), power (e.g. charging, motors), electronics (e.g. GPS, bluetooth, cameras), firmware (e.g. lock/unlock algorithms), and in-app experience.
- You look broadly to understand our business and organizational challenges. You create durable mechanisms that address these challenges, even when they are not directly in your scope.
- Location: This is a remote role, but the candidate is expected to travel at least 6 times per year to the Bay Area.
- 10+ years experience as a technical leader and/or Product Manager with experience dealing directly with hardware or firmware product development. (e.g. consumer electronics, vehicles, IoT devices, OS development, etc…)
- Passionate. Not only about Lime's mission and micromobility, but passionately focused on the vehicles and solutions that we build in our space
- Empathetic. Demonstrated ability to understand your customer, their experiences, and have a process for doing soIntellectually honest. You recognize that you can only solve problems you’re willing to call out
- Owner’s mindset. You're a self-starter and get things across the finish line. You identify the most important challenges and tackle them.
- Insight-led, and data optimized. You recognize great insights come from customer empathy. They’re then optimized and refined by looking at data. You’re comfortable with using data as a way of looking at a problem, and you’re confident in your ability to pull your own data to analyze a problem
- Drives Clarity. You are comfortable with ambiguity and are able to bring Clarity and drive decisions. You are able to set direction, when we may not even know what the problem is before starting. You look around corners and address challenges before they arise
- Operate at all levels. You are able to drive decision making with our C-suite at one moment, and then dive deep with technical teams in the next to understand a root cause, or review a test plan.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $144.000.00 - $241,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
See more open positions at Lime
Something looks off?