Boulder, CO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
The Global Supply Manager role is responsible for supporting both development and manufacturing of the Lightship RV L1 in Broomfield, Colorado. In this role, you will provide input to development and sourcing of critical subsystems while also developing a local supply base for the company in Colorado. As a Global Supply Manager, you will be responsible for activities critical to the successful delivery of our vehicles.
- Supplier Management: Foster and maintain robust relationships with global suppliers, ensuring consistent quality and timely deliveries.
- Product Development Support: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide supply chain insights, ensuring cost-effective, quick, and efficient product development.
- Supply Chain Optimization: Continuously assess and enhance supply chain efficiency, focusing on cost reduction and lead time minimization.
- Local Supply Base Development: Establish and manage a local supply base in Colorado to meet production and development needs
- Cost Management: Monitor and control supply chain costs, identifying opportunities for cost savings and negotiating favorable terms with suppliers.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate potential supply chain risks to ensure uninterrupted business operations.
- Data Analysis: Utilize data-driven insights for informed decision-making and support of strategic initiatives.
- Project Management: lead cross-functional teams to manage project timelines including developing and maintaining action trackers, Gantt charts, and other program management tools related to on-time delivery of supplier parts against Program timing
Prior Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business, engineering, or related field
- 2+ years supply chain experience with strong supplier relationship experience and sourcing knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to manage supplier relationships effectively
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to operate in new tools and systems
- Working knowledge of Jira is a plus but not required
- Experience in developing local supply bases is advantageous
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to understand technical drawings and specifications as well as basic knowledge of manufacturing process controls and quality assurance for their commodity space
- Familiarity with local Colorado suppliers for metals is a plus
- Familiarity with Non-Disclosure Agreements, General Terms & Conditions, Piece Price Agreements, and other related contracts is a bonus
Employee Benefits & Philosophy - Applies to Full Time
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
Most roles at Lightship require onsite work from our offices Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, though some roles may require all days in office. Speak to the hiring manager to learn more.