Senior Test and Integration Engineer
Boulder, CO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
At Lightship, we are revolutionizing the future of RVing, and we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior/Staff Test and Integration Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a key member of our engineering team, you will play a crucial role in the design validation and end-to-end testing of our purpose-built electric RV. This role will also own system integration efforts for various development tools and engineering vehicles.
- Lead the design, development, and execution of comprehensive system or vehicle testing programs, including validation, durability, and reliability. This includes tests for prototype, design validation, and manufacturing. Requires some travel to off-site test facilities or field testing, <10%
- Create and execute system integration plans to validate interactions between sub-systems and components throughout the development process
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design, engineering, and manufacturing, to define test requirements, develop test plans, and execute tests effectively
- Utilize advanced test equipment, tools, and software for data acquisition, and analysis
- Analyze and interpret data and results to identify product issues, and provide actionable recommendations to cross-functional teams to drive product improvement
- Drive continuous improvement in testing methodologies, processes, and tools to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
- Effectively communicate test results, findings, and recommendations to stakeholders through comprehensive reports and presentations
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in component or vehicle-level testing. Direct experience with electric vehicles is a plus.
- Strong expertise in designing and executing validation, durability, and reliability testing programs for vehicles.
- Proficiency in utilizing various test equipment, tools, and software for data acquisition, analysis, and test automation.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle systems, including powertrain, chassis, electrical, and safety systems.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve project goals.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot issues during testing.
- Strong communication and documentation skills to report test results, findings, and recommendations effectively.
Employee Benefits & Philosophy
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
Most roles at Lightship require onsite work from our offices Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, though some roles may require all days in office. Speak to the hiring manager to learn more.