Intern - Mechanical Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2022
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
Lightship Internship Program
What can you do to help your application:
- Include your resume
- Include your updated LinkedIn profile
- Send in a quick cover letter explaining your interest and available dates
- 3D design of complex parts and assemblies
- Hands on prototyping of parts and/or systems
- Design and execution of tests and analysis to prove functionality on parts and systems
- Specification definition
- Release of 2D and 3D data
- Driving basic testing and analysis; supporting advanced testing and analysis
- Pursuing BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Rising Senior or greater, graduating pending 2025
- Hands-on prototyping experience
- Strong engineering fundamentals in statics, mechanics, heat transfer
- Proficient in a CAD program, CATIA preferred
Employee Benefits & Philosophy - Applies to Full Time
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
Most roles at Lightship require onsite work from our offices Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, though some roles may require all days in office. Speak to the hiring manager to learn more.