Join us on a mission that matters.
LevelTen Energy’s mission is to accelerate the energy transition by facilitating frictionless transactions. As the leading provider of renewable transaction infrastructure, we deliver the cloud-based software, centralized supply, automated analytics, and transaction expertise required to power the renewable energy economy. The LevelTen Platform is the world’s largest online hub for renewable energy buyers, sellers, advisors, asset owners and financiers, and delivers the online tools and expertise they need to buy, sell and finance assets quickly.
As the Accounting Manager, you will join a team of dedicated professionals to grow and scale the accounting function! You will manage and complete monthly close, prepare financial statements and perform analysis under the direction of the Controller and will ensure integrity of financial statements.
You are trusted to deliver what you commit and work great with deadlines. You are collaborative with great energy. You are driven relentlessly to deliver results and get to the end point. You actively turn obstacles into opportunities with ownership and passion. You are an agent of change, capable, and excited to embrace new solutions and technology to transform yourself, your clients, and your company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the month-end close process for your assigned areas to ensure they are recorded timely and properly in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies.
- Prepare journal entries, account fluctuations, account reconciliations and other analysis as needed.
- Ensure revenue for all customer contracts are accurately recorded in accordance with ASC 606 including adjustments for nonstandard contract terms
- Responsible for assessing, documenting, and defending the company’s revenue recognition policies and positions including for any nonstandard contracts.
- Monitor contract milestones and ensure timely invoicing.
- Design, implement, document, and monitor processes and internal controls related to the order-to-cash cycle for revenue recognition and related processes.
- Continuously improve and refine processes and procedures that can scale effectively as we grow to increase efficiency and quality of the team’s deliverables
- Ensure continuous improvement for our accounting systems environment.
- Serve as the business lead for revenue, technology updates and implementations
- Support the external annual audit by timely submission of PBC schedules and responses to inquiries
- Support cross-functional efforts and build relationships with other teams including, performing special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested.
- Monitor sales commissions and properly account for sales commissions in accordance with ASC 606.
- Monitor sales tax compliance.
- Strong Understanding of GAAP Accounting
- Deep knowledge of revenue (ASC 606) and other general accounting concepts. Ability to discuss these topics with non-finance stakeholders.
- 5+ years of related experience, including experience with ASC 606
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing teams
- Team player, confident, good judgment, self motivated and with ability to manage priorities and execute in a fast paced environment, across all levels of management, business functions and geographies.
- Analytical problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as eagerness to learn and take on challenges in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office Software, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint; and independently take ownership to manage assigned projects
Nice to have:
- CPA designation
- International experience to support our Europe Entity
- Sales Tax knowledge
- SaaS industry or Renewable Energy Industry experience
- Big 4 background
- Early-Stage Technology company experience
Benefits / Perks
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- Wellness Credit
- Flexible vacation policy
- 11 paid company holidays
- 401k plan
In the Seattle office:
- Awesome location in Fremont, outside of the downtown Seattle chaos
- Casual dress code
- Commuter benefits
- Standing desk options
- Regular company-sponsored happy hours
- Hybrid in-office/work from home schedule
- Monthly catered lunch
- The estimated compensation for this position is $100,000-130,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications. In addition, this position is eligible for an annual bonus and an equity grant.
About LevelTen Energy
LevelTen Energy is the leading provider of transaction infrastructure for the renewable energy economy. Our platform delivers buyers, sellers, advisors, and financiers the automation software, data management, and standardized contracts needed to facilitate faster, safer renewable energy transactions. LevelTen’s marketplace of renewable energy power purchase agreements is the world’s largest, with more than 4,000 offers spanning 21 countries in North America and Europe. LevelTen’s CFO-Ready Analytics automatically calculate more than a billion data points every day, providing our partners with leading-edge, real-time risk and value insights at modern market scale. Together, LevelTen and our partners share #OneGoal to accelerate the clean energy transition. Visit us at LevelTenEnergy.com to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LevelTen Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.