Senior Hardware Product Manager
Other Engineering, Product
Somerville, MA, USA · Berkeley, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
The Senior Hardware Product Manager, New Products will be responsible for defining the next generation of hardware products to build a better world. You will join the Hardware Product Management team, which is responsible for ensuring Form builds world-changing products to meet massive market opportunities. Our portfolio encompasses our grid-scale 100hr multi-day-storage product and new products that will enable global decarbonization. You will collaborate closely with Form Futures, our in-house research & innovation team, to evaluate the techno-economic feasibility and market viability of a wide range of product ideas. You will then work to convert these ideas to product concepts, combining broad knowledge of electrochemical systems and energy markets to define product-market fit for our second product and beyond.
What You'll Do:
- Lead rapid technology scoping and techno-economic analysis to evaluate new product concepts, including production cost modeling, techno-economic feasibility assessments, and literature reviews
- Map long-term energy market trends and the competitive landscape to build a business case for new product opportunities
- Define product requirements required to meet market needs and drive the downselection of technology options based on product-market fit
- Work cross functionally with our product management, Form Futures, and our internal technical teams
- Assist with IP capture, including preparation of materials for provisional and utility patent filings across the Form Futures portfolio
What You'll Bring:
- Solid experience with techno-economic assessment and/or manufacturing cost modeling for early-stage technologies
- 6+ years of equivalent experience in chemistry, materials science, physics, early-stage technology development or related field; broad knowledge and genuine curiosity about about electrochemical systems
- High degree of independence and self-direction with strong entrepreneurial drive to rapidly develop new commercial technologies that solve long-term market challenges
- Excellent communicator, both at the strategic and technical level
- Outstanding collaborator with a team-oriented attitude
The salary range for this role is $164,410 - $202,785. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?