Senior Manager, NPI Operations Systems
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We seek a highly skilled and experienced Senior Manager within our New Product Introduction (NPI) team to drive operational excellence through various systems integrations and champion impactful efficiency improvement projects. In this role, you will draw upon your operational experiences in industry and beyond and be responsible for selecting and implementing best practices across various areas within the company to drive best-in-class methodologies for various operational challenges. Your primary focus will be driving production-based systems and projects, but will extend into areas of inventory management, quality control, training, supply chain, and engineering. The successful candidate must possess strong analytical capabilities, exceptional leadership skills across a range of departments and knowledge bases, and a proven track record of success in industrial operations.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA facility. Relocation assistance is available.
What You'll Do:
- Evaluate, select, and implement industry leading best-practices related to operations across various functional areas (e.g., supply chain, logistics, production, quality control, engineering, etc.)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify operational challenges and areas of improvement and then implement effective systematic solutions
- Develop training methodologies for effectively implementing systems within the NPI organization to ensure best practices are established and used in day-to-day operations
- Develop implementation plans, timelines, and budgets for adopting and integrating best practices in coordination with project managers and department leaders
- Collaborate with senior leadership and department heads to gain support and buy-in for best practice initiatives
- Establish performance metrics and tracking mechanisms to measure the effectiveness and impact
- Provide guidance, training, and support to operational teams to ensure smooth adoption and sustained implementation
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of best practice initiatives, making adjustments as necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
- Regularly communicate progress, challenges, and results
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of experience in operations-based management
- Strong knowledge of production, quality, and engineering principles and methodologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex operational challenges and recommend effective solutions
- Strong leadership abilities, with the capacity to influence and motivate cross-functional teams and to collaborate with stakeholders at various levels of an organization, including senior management
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage resources, and deliver results within designated timelines and budgets
- A proactive, can-do mindset and ability to adapt to changing business needs in a quickly growing organization
- Direct familiarity with MES and ERP systems
- Direct familiarity with engineering principles such as formal root cause problem solving, NCRs, MRB, CAPAs, containment processes, SCARs, etc
- Experience with creating training materials for all levels of an organization
- Experience with Continuous Improvement initiatives such as projects related to scrap reduction, yield improvements, safety improvements, 5S, and line-layouts
- Bachelor's degree in operations management, or a related field
- Prior experience in an alternative energy operation (fuel cell, solar, cell/battery manufacturing) highly advantageous
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?