Mechanical Technician, Equipment
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
The Advance Manufacturing Engineering team within the Technology group at Form is responsible for meeting the mechanical design and development needs of the entire Advance Manufacturing organization and are invaluable in scaling our ability to deliver product aligned with our technology roadmap.
We are seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and hands-on experienced mechanical technician to contribute to our full arc of manufacturing development from prototype and pilot builds through high-volume development of fixtures, equipment, and tooling. In this role, you will participate in first-of-a-kind build activities, working with designers, and engineers, and working with other cross-functional teams.
This is a critical role and offers an exciting opportunity to be part of scaling and delivering the product of our utility-scale multi-day energy storage system, where you will contribute to a sustainable future.
This opportunity is based out the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
What You'll Do:
- From design specifications and blueprints, assemble, build, and qualify new fixtures, tools, and equipment
- Work closely with designers and engineers in collaboration with cross-functional members of Form’s Advanced Manufacturing and broader technology teams
- Participate in iterative build processes, confirming mechanical requirements are achieved
- Perform hands-on assembly and building prototypes from designs
- Work with manufacturing engineers and technical operations to transition design builds from the prototype stage to high-volume internal production
What You'll Bring:
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and climate change
- 3 – 4 plus years of industry experience in mechanical technician engineering
- Hands-on experience manufacturing, assembly, and building equipment from blueprints
- Proficient in basic hand tools, cordless drills, hand saws, etc.
- Nice to have experience, manual mill, table saw, bandsaw
- Design experience is beneficial (not required)
- Excellent communicator across a range of engineering and business functions
- Battery experience is not required!
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?