Principal Process Engineer, Cathode
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
Form Energy is seeking a Principal Process Engineer who is passionate about making a positive impact and is eager to help lead our growing manufacturing organization. As the technical lead, you will be responsible for the development of manufacturing processes from pilot production to high volume production on our Pittsburgh and West Virginia production lines.
In this role, you will collaborate with equipment design engineers, manufacturing engineers, operations, supply chain, EHS, assemblers, electrode development engineers, other Form Energy teams, and external suppliers to develop and validate electrode processes for high volume manufacturing. You will play a key role in ensuring that our manufacturing operations meet quality, cost, safety and delivery targets, while continuously improving our manufacturing processes.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Lead efforts to design, procure and validate coating and plating lines for the first Form Energy manufacturing site
- Lead critical vendor engagements and collaborate with manufacturing engineers and supply chain teams to procure equipment for semi-automated manufacturing
- Troubleshoot and resolve early process & equipment issues, performing modifications and improvements to the process definition and verification efforts
- Find a balanced and in-depth understanding of both the production equipment and process parameters required to achieve a highly stable and predictive process
- Setup and sustain complex equipment and processes, and develop various metrology methods associated with the control and monitor of such processes
- Support team build efforts at Form and mentor engineers to establish best practices for equipment and process development and validation
- Support the development of systems defining the activities needed to complete equipment qualification, process verification and validation for manufacturing
- Foster cross team relationships with operations, facilities, finance, EH&S, program management and supply chain to effectively stand up new manufacturing capability
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of process and equipment development experience in a manufacturing or pilot line environment
- Experience using statistical methods for making process development decisions
- Experience designing safe processes involving hazardous materials
- Willingness to take responsibility and ownership to aggressively focus on problems individually
- Strong interdisciplinary communicator, across a range of engineering and business functions
- Comfort working with a wide variety of different functions including R&D, Process Integration, and Operations to effectively accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements
- BS required in Chemical Engineering, Electrochemistry, Materials Science or related field
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?