Inventory Control Associate III
Berkeley, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
The Warehouse team is a sub-team of our CA Site Operations team within the Technology group at Form Energy and is focused on supporting our manufacturing and office operations. We are seeking an Inventory Control Associate to contribute and ensure facilities run smoothly and to support our technical operations.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting our Berkeley site's day-to-day operations. You can expect to work closely with members of cross-functional teams across the company to provide inventory control warehouse activities, including support of purchasing, shipping, and receiving, working to ensure a great and safe work environment. This position offers an exciting opportunity to shape and be part of the growth of a fast-moving technology start-up with breakthrough technology, scaling our multi-day energy storage system at Form and contributing to a sustainable future.
What You'll Do:
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels; process purchase orders as required; track orders and investigate issues; record purchases, maintain the database, perform physical counts of inventory, and reconcile stock counts for computer-generated reports
- Assist in managing incoming and outgoing shipments with an electronic inventory system; organize and maintain hardware and consumables inventory; manage and maintain materials, ensure accurate delivery, use, and safe storage
- Support production with pulling of product requests, shipping of items to off-site storage, and management and handling of items for shipment to Intra–warehouse (MA, PA, CA)
- Organize and execute economical freight shipments, support the receiving of large, heavy items from suppliers and tollers; Maintain safe surfaces inside and outside the facility
- Interface with vendors, provide escorts, and maintain a secure environment; Assist in security, housekeeping, maintenance, and safety needs of the organization; Door/dock monitoring and security from 9 AM to 5 PM
- All other miscellaneous responsibilities and other duties as assigned
What You'll Bring:
- 3 – 5 years plus of hands-on inventory control experience
- Experience using cloud-based organizational tools e.g., Oracle ERP, Envoy, Asana, O365, and Google Suite/Workspace (beneficial)
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work in an environment with shifting and changing priorities and tasks
- Well-developed collaboration, communication, and organization skills
- Forklift certified (beneficial)
- Hazmat, DOT, or IATA-certified (beneficial)
- Knowledge of Kanban (beneficial)
- Ability to regularly lift 35 to 50 lbs
- Trades, manufacturing, or production environment experience are a plus
The salary range for this role is $34.75/hr - $41.75/hr. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. #LI-DNI
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?