Senior EHS Engineer, Construction
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for a Senior EHS Engineer to lead contractor safety programs for our Pittsburgh, PA region construction projects. Reporting to the PA/WV EHS Site Lead, you will collaborate with other EHS site leaders in our MA and CA locations to support planning for current R&D and pilot operations as well as future production line manufacturing.
At Form we believe managing safety is everyone’s job, and the EHS team supports this through collaborations and improvement feedback loops. We partner with teams across the organization, empowering them to advance our energy storage mission while keeping safety top-of-mind.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the PA, WV, MA, CA Project Teams and Facility Managers as well as process development engineers to ensure safe installation and operation
- Propose simple yet effective EHS solutions to help our technology groups achieve their project timelines
- Manage OSHA programs and contractor safety program, ensuring compliance with all internal and external safety policies
- Participate in manufacturing development and forecast additional projects and resources to maintain manufacturing timelines
- Support Environmental permits, licenses and compliance of regulatory thresholds
- Ensure proper pre-planning for all activities and tasks for subcontractors and trades
- Monitor and influence project incident rates by meeting or exceeding regulatory risk and championing programs for citations and injuries
- Champion near miss reporting, corrective actions, and leading feedback sharing to enhance our processes, programs and relationships with contractors
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in occupational safety, engineering or construction safety, preferably in a fast-paced research and development environment
- Proven knowledge of construction safety principles, techniques and methods
- Creative problem solving skills to gain buy in and enhance relationship with contractors
- Previous EHS program management experience and an ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across a variety of teams
- Ability to analyze leading and lagging indicators to inform program and process improvements
- Demonstrate ability and skill to identify risk and lead implementation of corrective actions
- Physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction panel hoists, climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?