IoT Cloud/Web Stack Software Engineer
Element Energy is a dynamic early-stage company that is looking to reimagine battery management. Our breakthrough algorithms and our patented control system solves critical battery safety and performance issues in the multi-billion dollar large-scale grid storage and electric vehicle battery markets. Our goal is to reduce the high degradation rates that plague renewable energy and battery storage products, and more importantly, we help mitigate the pervasive problems of battery fires that threaten user safety and property damage. These solutions are essential for the widespread adoption of clean renewable energy and “the electrification of everything” movement that is changing the world’s renewable energy storage infrastructure.
Element Energy is seeking a Member of Technical Staff software engineer in cloud and web-based application with substantial industry experience to join our engineering and technology teams. This person will be responsible for software development in areas of web back-end, cloud resources (computing, storage, data communication, etc) and essential part of web front-end. His/Her roles will include development of cloud infrastructure for managing large scale of data, computing and delivery of content via web. The focus of development will be specially on cost-effective design and implementation of Element Energy’s cloud where new machine learning / deep learning algorithms be deployed in an automated environment. All deliverables are to run on computing infrastructure in on-premise or managed cloud services such as AWS, Azure, GCP. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate about developing an integrated algorithm/software platform of applications and services for next-generation battery management. You’ll be involved in the complete software development life cycle from product/system concept through to services for customers.
- 5+ years of experience in software development for web-based IOT services, typically via web API’s like REST
- 5+ years of experience in various content-delivery software frameworks & plug-ins for analytics & visualization
- 5+ years of experience in commercial cloud work environments of cloud services, features and functions of aws, Azure and GCP
- 5+ years of experience in management of software contractors and consultants.
- In-depth knowledge in core matters of cloud computing: data security, load & traffic, scalability, etc
- MS or higher degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Development and management of cloud infrastructure for a large-scale time series data
- Design and implementation of web-based applications for IoT-fleetwide dashboard (machine-to-human)
- Design and implementation of web-based applications for predictive, prescriptive O&M (machine-to-machine)
- Coding and verification of implemented work with programming languages for back-end and front-end
- Evaluation of implemented functions / features for applications
- Deploy the developed functions/features on computing infrastructure of cloud like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Regular internal & external evaluation of functionality, performance, cost, etc.
- Deliver high-quality code, scripts and data structures for developed functions and features
- Document engineering requirements and design specifications for new software designs
- Participate in cross-functional reviews on software deliverables
- Troubleshoot software & systems related issues
- Expert hands-on skills for implementation and optimization of web / app designs and constructions
- Expert hands-on skills for server-client, web / app computing infrastructure via managed cloud services
- Expert hands-on skills to deal with CLI consoles managing multi-platform/multi-language environments
- Consultant-level skills for troubleshooting of integrated features/functions/services running on cloud
- Deep understanding in server-to-server, cloud-to-cloud or hybrid-cloud development environment
- Deep knowledge and skills in database management with sql and / or no-sql data structures
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
Element Energy is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.