Accounts Payable Specialist
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to assist the AP Team as we scale our accounts payable processes. You will help ensure we create a supply chain that never breaks (top-level company OKR). You will assist with daily bill processing, vendor management, inbox management, and other related activities. You will work in a hybrid setting and be based in the Northeastern region to support occasional team meetings in Natick or Devens, MA. You will report to the Finance Operations Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
1. AP Processing
- Enter bills into our Procure to Pay System, Coupa. This includes assisting with the creation of invoice processing templates to expedite entry for future invoices, manually creating invoices that cannot be automatically processed by the system, and manual review and correction, of automatically processed invoices
- Research discrepancies between our system(s) and documentation (e.g., purchase orders, vendors, invoices) to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures before processing
- Partner with teams and personnel from other departments to ensure approvals are obtained prior to the invoice moving to Ready for Payment Status
- Analyze workflow processes to ensure invoices are receiving appropriate review and approvals
2. Vendor Onboarding & Management
- Help with vendor onboarding, including obtaining appropriate forms, inputting vendor data into the systems, and working directly with vendors to guarantee a smooth onboarding and working relationship
- Work with vendors to resolve billing issues swiftly and build upon the relationship
3. Inbox Management
- Manage and keep multiple AP inboxes to ensure invoice and payment processing and prompt replies to vendor and internal stakeholder inquiries.
4. Finance Team Support
- Assist with evaluating and implementing process changes and new technologies so that AP never breaks as the company grows. Contribute to the documentation of these SOPs.
- Support the broader finance team in multiple AP related activities, including vendor payments, credit card program auditing, employee expense processing, 1099 filings, system implementations.
- 2+ years' experience with AP at company with more than $50M spend annually
- Experience with purchase order platforms such as Coupa, SAP Ariba, etc.
- Experience with ERP's like MS Dynamics, NetSuite, SAP, or Oracle
- Familiarity with accounting concepts and financial reporting
- Ability to explain rules, regulations, policy, and procedures
- Post high school education in business or another technical field
- Experience in a manufacturing company
- Deep understanding of procure-to-pay cycles
Compensation and Benefits | [Natick Zone] S4
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!