Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Deployment Manager. The driving force behind our growth is a skilled and dedicated deployment team. A Deployment Manager assumes responsibility for managing deployment playbooks and making sure the sequence of events during a project are run properly. You have strong skills in developing and overseeing work plans and aligning projects with business objectives, constructing detailed work plans, allocating resources, preparing budgets, monitoring progress, mitigating risk and achieving milestones, all while effortlessly communicating the results to stakeholders. It is the Deployment Manager's duty to bring clarity to internal clients about how they should go about the project. All of this takes place within the framework of achieving a company's goals and vision. You have proven experience in project management and industrial projects on time and on budget. A project management certification is preferred.
You will be based at our facility in San Carlos, CA, and will report to the VP of Business Operations.
- Lead plant deployments from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations and implementation plans, including risk mitigation
- Lead, organize, plan and deliver large and complex deployments, adhering to scope, schedule and budget
- Identify opportunities to improve upon prior plant deployments
- Identify, assess and communicate risks
- Develop a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones, workstreams and activities
- Facilitate change requests ensuring all parties are informed of the impacts
- Develop documentation (user manuals, training materials etc.) to enable customer success
- Operate independently, balancing the needs of concurrent deployments
- Track schedules, provide progress updates and proactively identify schedule constraints
- Prioritize safety, clearly communicating expectations and setting an example for the team
- Collaborate with our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) team as your partner
- Prepare clients to complete technical pre-requisites before deployment starts
- Establish and maintain a relationship with our customer, ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction
- 8+ years of project management experience and 5+ years of construction field experience in field engineering, quality control and/or project management
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar field
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Experience overseeing large construction projects
- Experience managing the installation of heavy industrial equipment
- Experience with contract negotiation
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience working across multiple code jurisdictions
- Able to travel 25-50% time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Oracle Primavera and other project management software tools
- Strong working knowledge of desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Familiarity with NFPA 2, ASME B31.3, ASME BPVC, and NEC
- Project management qualification (PMP) and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Background in energy/climate related businesses
- Experience in planning, fabricating, delivering and assembly of heavy modular systems
- Experience working with deeply technical engineering team colleagues
- Experience in coaching project team members to strengthen their abilities and skill sets
- Experience in developing platforms for internal processes
- Passionate about decarbonization
- Spanish (professional working proficiency)
Compensation & Benefits : [San Carlos Zone] Deployment Manager (P4)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!