Sr. Product Manager
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2023
Deliver data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) products that power the development of next-generation materials and chemicals.
At Citrine, we’re using generative Artificial Intelligence to enable our customers to usher in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We’re the leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our no-code SaaS platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to domain-specific data management and AI tools. Our models propose new ways to combine ingredients and processes that are most likely to outperform, helping companies discover and deploy innovative, sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches.
Citrine regularly wins awards for innovation and sustainability, earning spots on the CB Insights AI 100 list and the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the US. Our customers include leading organizations such as LyondellBasell, Panasonic, Michelin, Synthomer, and Solvay. We also collaborate with researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences. Our team is ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, driven by our sustainability mission, and eager to grow and learn from each other. We’re headquartered in California, with team members throughout North America and Europe. We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for the best to join us!
In this role, you will drive and define SaaS product strategy, goals, and requirements working with cross-functional teams to execute and deliver on the next phase of Citrine’s R&D management and AI platform. With a focus on the future, the Product Management team works closely with software engineers, designers, and researchers to develop tools and technologies that grow the field of Materials Informatics. We're responsible for guiding products from concept to execution for some of the world’s leading companies by analyzing, positioning, and tailoring our solutions to the market as it matures.
You are excited by the opportunity to drive revolutionary change and build a new product leading the change in the industry. You are comfortable distilling user objectives, understanding their pain points, and appreciating the power of bringing the right workflows and tools to their research. You thrive working autonomously and collectively with smart colleagues and customers who are changing the world.
- Own the strategy, goals, roadmap, and requirements of your product and execute the product vision for Citrine’s users.
- Work collaboratively with engineers, researchers, design, and other internal stakeholders to identify and implement customer workflows and scalable solutions.
- Communicate strategy, requirements, and roadmap across the company.
- Manage product expectations, roadmap, dependencies, metrics, and releases while iterating and prototyping to test hypotheses with customers.
- Can understand the current market landscape and articulate how your product fits into the ecosystem.
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience as a Product Manager.
- 3+ years of experience building and shipping B2B SaaS products.
- 3+ years experience delivering solutions in one or more of the following categories: Cloud, databases, data management capabilities
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Ability to manage and lead across highly cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to build strong, productive relationships with a broad variety of stakeholders.
- Excited to be innovative in a fast-paced, highly technical environment.
- Experience in the materials or chemical development or manufacturing industries is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
- We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth.
- We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.
- We are all owners of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability.
- We commit to building a diverse and inclusive community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.
- We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers.
- We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.
Compensation and Pay Transparency
At Citrine, we want your path to career growth to be transparent, straightforward, fair, and easily accessible -- starting with your application and interview process. The annual salary range listed below reflects the level we are considering for this position (please note that there may be unique situations where you may fall outside of this range). Where you fall within the range will depend on how your experience and skills align with our internal leveling system as we learn more about you throughout the interview process.
$130,000 USD - $190,000 USD
*Range(s) listed are for full-time employees based in the United States only.
Our Benefits (for exempt, full-time employees based within the United States)
4 different medical benefit plan options
Dental, Vision, FSA, and HSA plans
4% 401k company match
Personal financial advisor and basic free legal guidance
$5,000 annual continuing education budget
$600 equipment budget
Unlimited PTO and 15 holidays
12 weeks of paid parental leave
Company-sponsored personal development courses
Mentoring Program (internal and external)
Monthly DE&I events
Swag, parties, entertainment budget
FLEX hours and location