Sr. Product Manager
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2023
Deliver data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) products that power the development of next-generation materials and chemicals.
At Citrine, we’re ushering in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We are the industry leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our SaaS platform provides data management and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that help our customers rapidly develop higher-performing, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at market-leading manufacturing and materials companies, and we collaborate with professors and researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences.
This year, Citrine won the LyondellBasell Advancing Strategic Potential Forum Award for Innovation. We have also been recognized for our impact on sustainability by the Global CleanTech Group, and earned a spot on both the CB Insights AI 100 List and the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the US. Citrine works with leading global organizations across chemical and materials development and manufacturing, such as LyondellBasell, Panasonic, Michelin, Synthomer, Solvay, and more. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Our Platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to cutting-edge, domain-specific AI, all without writing a line of code. This enables our customers to discover and deploy the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches. While our headquarters are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, the Citrine team is distributed across the United States, Canada, Belgium, Germany, and Switzerland.
In this role, you will drive and define SaaS product strategy, goals, and requirements working with cross-functional teams to execute and deliver on the next phase of Citrine’s R&D management and AI platform. With a focus on the future, the Product Management team works closely with software engineers, designers, and researchers to develop tools and technologies that grow the field of Materials Informatics. We're responsible for guiding products from concept to execution for some of the world’s leading companies by analyzing, positioning, and tailoring our solutions to the market as it matures.
You are excited by the opportunity to drive revolutionary change and build a new product leading the change in the industry. You are comfortable distilling user objectives, understanding their pain points, and appreciating the power of bringing the right workflows and tools to their research. You thrive working autonomously and collectively with smart colleagues and customers who are changing the world.
- Own the strategy, goals, roadmap, and requirements of your product and execute the product vision for Citrine’s users.
- Work collaboratively with engineers, researchers, design, and other internal stakeholders to identify and implement customer workflows and scalable solutions.
- Communicate strategy, requirements, and roadmap across the company.
- Manage product expectations, roadmap, dependencies, metrics, and releases while iterating and prototyping to test hypotheses with customers.
- Can understand the current market landscape and articulate how your product fits into the ecosystem.
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience as a Product Manager.
- 3+ years of experience building and shipping B2B SaaS products.
- 3+ years experience delivering solutions in one or more of the following categories: Cloud, databases, data management capabilities
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Ability to manage and lead across highly cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to build strong, productive relationships with a broad variety of stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field.
- Excited to be innovative in a fast-paced, highly technical environment.
- Experience in the materials or chemical development or manufacturing industries is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
- We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth.
- We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.
- We are all owners of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability.
- We commit to building a diverse and inclusive community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.
- We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers.
- We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.
Compensation and Pay Transparency
At Citrine, we want your path to career growth to be transparent, straightforward, fair, and easily accessible -- starting with your application and interview process. The annual salary range listed below reflects the level we are considering for this position (please note that there may be unique situations where you may fall outside of this range). Where you fall within the range will depend on how your experience and skills align with our internal leveling system as we learn more about you throughout the interview process.
$130,000 USD - $190,000 USD
This position is eligible for on-target earnings in addition to the annual base listed above.
*Range(s) listed are for full-time employees based in the United States only.
Our Benefits (for exempt, full-time employees based within the United States)
4 different medical benefit plan options
Dental, Vision, FSA, and HSA plans 4% 401k company match
Personal financial advisor and basic free legal guidance
$5,000 annual continuing education budget
$600 equipment budget
Unlimited PTO and 15 holidays
12 weeks of paid parental leave
Company-sponsored personal development courses
Mentoring Program (internal and external)
Monthly DE&I events
Swag, parties, entertainment budget
FLEX hours and location