Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2022
As we continue to grow our book of business and look to further our commitment to customer success for our strategic clients, Citrine is looking for a top-performing Account Executive with a technology sales background.
At Citrine, we’re using generative Artificial Intelligence to enable our customers to usher in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We’re the leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our no-code SaaS platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to domain-specific data management and AI tools. Our models propose new ways to combine ingredients and processes that are most likely to outperform, helping companies discover and deploy innovative, sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches.
Citrine regularly wins awards for innovation and sustainability, earning spots on the CB Insights AI 100 list and the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the US. Our customers include leading organizations such as LyondellBasell, Panasonic, Michelin, Synthomer, and Solvay. We also collaborate with researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences. Our team is ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, driven by our sustainability mission, and eager to grow and learn from each other. We’re headquartered in California, with team members throughout North America and Europe. We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for the best to join us!
About the Role
As we continue to grow our book of business and look to further our commitment to customer success for our strategic clients, Citrine is looking for a top-performing Account Executive with a value-based sales background in Product Development. In this role, you will ensure the continuation of healthy client relationships and work side-by-side with our clients and their internal stakeholders to develop strategic execution plans that drive measurable success, develop long-term client satisfaction, and expand contract values. As an Account Executive at Citrine, you will be an integral part of our growing team, collaborating closely with the Customer and Delivery, Data Science and Data Engineering, Product Design, Engineering, and Leadership teams. You will embody our company vision of applying technology to materials and chemistry R&D for societal good, and continue to build on our trajectory as the leader in bringing AI to the development of new materials.
- Build consensus and develop relationships at multiple levels – executive sponsors, influencers, decision-makers, and buyers
- Develop customer specific Business Cases for the investment in Citrine
- Build strong client relationships by developing a deep understanding of your accounts and tailoring Citrine’s value proposition to meet their needs
- Collaborate closely with our Customer Delivery and Data Science and Engineering teams to ensure successful delivery for your accounts and shape product enhancements and go-to-market initiatives
- Develop account-based plans and track key performance indicators to drive revenue and account expansion; make customers referenceable, generating various sales assets (Case Studies, Videos, etc.) with them co-presenting in a variety of forums (Webinars, Events, etc.) based on high level of deployment/adoption/results success
- Identify customers at risk and provide the support necessary to retain and make them successful
- Achieve (or exceed) personal revenue targets to drive growth for the company
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
- Maintain fluency in Citrine’s products and services to deliver value in the marketplace
- Quota responsibility of $1 million+ of individual contract value within a territory of named client accounts
- Manage the entire sales cycle from the customer adoption process, renewal, upsell and cross-sell Lead the team in building proposals and handle complex negotiations
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of proven success in technology-related sales or business development experience in a B2B environment
- 2+ years of account management or solution selling
- Ability to learn technical language and concepts that bridge materials science and chemistry, artificial intelligence, and business value
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and general communication skills with C-level clients and decision-makers
- Excellent relationship-building skills to coordinate the involvement of a cross-functional team in order to advocate for customer needs
- Functional consultative approach to selling
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High level of business acumen
- Willingness and ability to learn more in-depth knowledge of Citrine’s products and services
- Ability to demonstrate senior sales member leadership through coaching, mentoring developing other team members
- Availability to travel 25-50% of the time
- Past experience working in an early-stage start-up environment
- Past experience selling a technical product
- Familiarity with large enterprise sales techniques
- Knowledge of chemistry/materials science and statistics
- A healthy curiosity and interest in AI, and its impact on the future of civilization
- Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification listed. Citrine Informatics is invested in creating a diverse, authentic, and inclusive team, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with what you read above, please consider applying regardless!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the interview process.
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
- We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth.
- We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.
- We are all owners of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability.
- We commit to building a diverse and inclusive community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.
- We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers.
- We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.
Compensation and Pay Transparency
At Citrine, we want your path to career growth to be transparent, straightforward, fair, and easily accessible -- starting with your application and interview process. The annual salary range listed below reflects the level we are considering for this position (please note that there may be unique situations where you may fall outside of this range). Where you fall within the range will depend on how your experience and skills align to our internal leveling system as we learn more about you throughout the interview process. This position is also eligible for On Target Earnings in addition to the annual base listed below.
$125,000 USD - $150,000 USD
*Range(s) listed are for full-time employees based in the United States only.
**Colorado only: disclosure above meets the requirement by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Our Benefits (for exempt, full-time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4%
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Life and Disability insurance
FSA and HSA plans
Equity options within the company
12 weeks of paid parental leave
Flexible PTO on top of our 15 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$600 tech allowance
Monthly $75 phone reimbursement
$5,000 annual continuing educational allowance