CATALOG, a Boston-based pioneering startup, is making significant strides in the field of data storage and computation by harnessing the power of DNA. DNA, known for its millennia-long stability, unrivaled information density, and cost-effective replicability, offers revolutionary potential for latency-tolerant high-density data storage and massively parallel computation.
We're innovating a cutting-edge DNA computing platform, and we are seeking a dynamic Computational Scientist with a background in synthetic or molecular biology to join our quest. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and analysis of nucleic acids at the sequence level, thereby shaping CATALOG’s groundbreaking DNA-based data storage and computation platform.
In this role, you will:
● Take the lead in developing sophisticated algorithms and pipelines to automate the design of nucleic acid sequences that fulfill specific design rules.
● Create custom sequencing analysis and visualization tools to evaluate the influence of new features on essential metrics, driving our ongoing innovation.
● Collaborate actively with our multidisciplinary teams, including chemistry and analytics, to test, model, and optimize our sequence codebase, contributing to the fine-tuning of our platform.
● Serve as a subject matter expert in sequence informatics, making sense of data, presenting insightful findings, and making actionable recommendations to both internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for someone with experience in the following areas:
● Familiarity with cloud frameworks to deploy and scale analysis pipelines, highlighting cloud computing knowledge.
● An excellent understanding of molecular or synthetic biology, particularly emphasizing nucleic acid chemistry.
● Experience with and comprehension of NGS platforms and software, reflecting domain-specific knowledge.
● Prior hands-on experience with wet lab molecular biology techniques such as PCR/qPCR, DNA assembly methods, sequencing library is a plus, showcasing practical laboratory experience.
We are looking for someone driven by:
● The exhilaration of building ground-breaking technology, showing a passion for innovation.
● The intellectual challenge of solving intricate, cross-disciplinary problems, indicating problem-solving acumen.
● A strong interest in creativity and insight at the intersection of biology and information processing, suggesting a forward-thinking mindset.
You will also need to be able to:
● Flourish in a dynamic and supportive environment, reflecting resilience and adaptability.
● Collaborate effectively in small, cross-disciplinary teams, demonstrating teamwork and communication skills.
● Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, necessary for team collaborations and project reports.
We are looking for someone with:
● A PhD in biophysics, bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, or a related discipline, reflecting a strong academic foundation.
● A proven ability to design and build sequence design and analysis software tools from conceptualization to implementation, indicating robust technical expertise.
● Proficiency in C/C++, Python, or similar languages, demonstrating strong programming skills
At CATALOG, we empower you to think critically, work creatively, and conquer uncharted problems in a groundbreaking field. We prioritize building an inclusive team that embraces diverse viewpoints, supports workforce diversity, and offers competitive compensation packages, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company matching.
Please note, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.