Electrical Maintenance Technician
About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Why Work at Benson Hill
Great Pay, Annual Bonus, Predictable Day and Night Shifts, Great Benefits, Job Security, Paid Time Off, Career Path, and 401K
Provides day-to-day electronic and electrical support for the Benson Hill soybean processing plant in Seymour, Indiana. Work in a 24/7 facility, day and night shifts available.
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of industrial units and systems
- Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, or other specifications to determine installation procedures
- Repair or adjust equipment, machines, or defective components, replacing worn parts, such as gaskets or seals in watertight electrical equipment
- Program and troubleshoot PLC's (Allen Bradley)
- 480V, AC motors, motor controls, and AC/DC motor drive
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, or tests
- Inspect components of industrial equipment for accurate assembly and installation or for defects, such as loose connections or frayed wires
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment, to detect and prevent problems
- Calibrate testing instruments and install or repair equipment to prescribed specifications
- Coordinate efforts with outside contractors or other Benson Hill personnel involved in installing or maintaining equipment or components
- Consult with customers, supervisors, or engineers to plan layout of equipment or to resolve problems in system operation or maintenance
- Determine feasibility of using standardized equipment or develop specifications for equipment required to perform additional functions
- Advise management regarding equipment performance and suggestions for equipment improvements
- Understanding of AC motors, motor controls, and AC/DC motor drive and controls
- PLC experience, PC, Network, HMI programming experience is a plus
- Understanding of basic ladder logic and can troubleshoot
- Minimum of 3 years electrician experience within a manufacturing environment
- Industrial background
- Controls and automation experience a plus
- Class “B” Electrical Contractor’s License, or equivalent license
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent, and related industrial experience or training.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in various environmental conditions at the processing facility
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and carry 50lbs
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….
Something looks off?