Field Operations Intern
FIELD OPERATIONS INTERN
BE BOLD! BE INSPIRED! BE REAL! BE YOU.
Our core values are what drive and inspire us. We are not seeking ordinary – we are seeking those who want to build something unique, be challenged, and shake the food system as we know it. Here at Benson Hill, you’ll be part of something greater than yourself. You’ll do work you’ve only heard of. We want the real you.
Benson Hill’s Field Operations team focuses on the development and efficient collection of data and seed for the success of the Benson Hill Yellow Pea and Soybean pipelines. The Field Operations team is the generator of data to feed CropOs for successful variety development and delivers high quality seed to the Commercial teams to execute delivery of superior Ingredient products. The Field Operations team focuses on efficiency and quality to ensure that work-life balance is maintained, safety of all employees is achieved, seed quality is of the highest standards and data is powerful.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
Benson Hill is looking for a motivated, curious, and passionate Field Operations Intern who is ready to make an impact and a difference in advancing the future of food. The Field Operations Intern will support research activities through planting, data collection, tissue sampling, plot maintenance and assisting with harvest. Each Intern will be expected to learn the process from start to finish for research operations.
(Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
- Collect plot data independently.
- Participate in seed processing and packaging.
- Adhere to all safety and seed stewardship expectations.
- Participate in planting activities (mechanically & manually).
- Participate in tissue sampling.
- Participate in harvest preparation and harvest activities.
- Communicate verbally and written.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Be able to work outside in various weather conditions.
- Conduct other duties as they are assigned.
(Competencies and Qualifications)
- Sophomore or higher standing in AS or BS Degree Program in Agriculture-related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic farming practices and equipment is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to use information systems and applications (Ex: Microsoft office, etc.)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday with occasional weekend work during peak seasons.
- Attention to detail.