Seasonal Seed Technician - $1,000 BONUS
About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
Benson Hill is looking for a motivated, curious, and passionate Seasonal Technician who is ready to make an impact and a difference in advancing the future of food. The Seasonal Technician will support research activities through data collection, tissue sampling, and plot maintenance.
(Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
- Collect plot data independently
- Participate in seed processing and packaging.
- Adhere to all safety and seed stewardship expectations
- Participate in planting activities (mechanically & manually)
- Participate in tissue sampling
- Communicate verbally and written
- Valid driver’s license
- Be able to work outside in various weather conditions
- Conduct other duties as they are assigned
(Competencies and Qualifications)
- Knowledge of basic farming practices and equipment is preferred
- Basic knowledge of and ability to use information systems and applications (Ex: Microsoft office, etc.)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Overnight travel may be required
- Ability to work Monday – Friday with potential extended hours
- Attention to detail