About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing maintenance repairs in a soybean processing facility. Perform routine and preventative maintenance on all equipment in the plant. Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills required. Work is of a nature where decisions are made within limits and guidelines of general practices and procedures under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager.
- Follow established Safety and GMP procedures.
- Perform maintenance activities individually or as part of a team with co-workers.
- Repairing electrical, mechanical equipment, operating equipment, and tools
- Reading and understanding blueprints and manuals
- Welding and pipefitting as necessary
- Position works indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures depending on the season.
- Works at various heights
- Reading and interpreting drawings
- Perform emergency & preventative mechanical & electrical repairs on all equipment (includes cleaning, lubricating, adjusting parts, equipment & machinery)
- Troubleshoot all equipment throughout the facility
- Communicate with the Production Staff and the Maintenance Supervisor or manager regarding status of equipment
- Support the Production lines & address any abnormal condition(s) of the machinery.
- Work with operators to monitor all safety items on the machines and keep them in optimal operating condition.
- Maintain Tool Inventory, verify all tools & equipment are properly accounted for and stored correctly.
- Perform other duties & functions as needed by the department & directed by the facility management.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Associated Experience
- 3-5 Years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment: including, pumps, motors, conveyors, air valves, and various power sources.
- Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting knowledge of machines and tools including: designs, uses, repair, motor control circuits as well as predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting equipment failure skills are a must.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of basic computer functions
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….