Product, People & HR, Operations
Devils Lake, ND, USA
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2023
Terms of Employment: Full Time
Overall Responsibility: Supervise production workers and lead milling operations in the assigned department.
Position Alternate Tasks:
- Must be able to take on the roles of other supervisors or operators in the event of absences.
- Must be able to fill in for production employees as necessary to maintain smooth operations
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensure that plant operations are compliant with food safety regulations and occupational safety regulations (FDA, OSHA, EPA, etc.).
- Work with the food safety team to carry out food safety risk assessments and corrective actions as appropriate to maintain safe and legal products.
- Make sure that production employees under supervision adhere to company procedures and policies.
- Follow the orders of plant management to mill / process products according to the production schedule and to attain most profitable product yields.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Must communicate milling / processing issues or concerns to the manager in charge.
- Perform processing control checks according to procedures and specification requirements.
- Verify the function of processing equipment according to the food safety program (i.e., foreign material control devices, etc.).
- Perform preoperative / post sanitation inspections to ensure that equipment is intact and is free from build-up or other contaminants.
- Maintain sufficient documentation in support of the food safety program.
Maintenance of Processing Equipment:
- Work with the maintenance department to sustain integrity and proper function of processing equipment and components.
- Work with the food safety team to regularly inspect and maintain control of necessary wood, glass, brittle plastics, ceramics, and sharp metals.
- Inspect / replace sieve screens and equipment components as defined by the food safety program.
- Perform preoperative / post sanitation inspections to ensure that equipment is intact, free from build-up or other contaminants.
- Oversee the boiler inspection / boiler water testing process and maintain inventory of boiler chemicals (as applicable).
Management of Production Employees:
- Work with management as necessary to maintain safe and efficient plant operations.
- Make sure that production employees working directly under the supervisors’ authority are well informed of information needed to carry out their tasks appropriately.
- Verify the accuracy of assigned tasks and documentation completed by employees under direct supervision.
- Encourage teamwork and a positive work environment for all production employees under the supervisors’ jurisdiction.
- Privately address employee behavior issues in a tactful manner. Repeat offenses must be brought to the attention of the plant manager and president. A determination must be made regarding the fate of the employees’ job status.
- Work with the complaint team to resolve customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Participate in sample match up exercises to determine whether a proposed specification can be met.
- Knowledge of processing / milling equipment operations
- Ability to delegate tasks appropriately
- Consistent supervision of personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and production workers
- Promote employee teamwork and productivity within the areas of supervision
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
See more open positions at Benson Hill
Something looks off?