Hardware Engineer - Testing and Connectivity
Applicants must have the ability to commute to North Platte, Nebraska, and its surrounding areas. They should also be comfortable working in row crop fields with pivot irrigation equipment.
We are a team of innovators who are accelerating the digitization and sustainability of our planet’s food system. At Arable, you will have the unique opportunity to build something meaningful with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work.
What we do:
At Arable, our goal is to connect all the world’s farms to help optimize the global food system. This is an ambitious goal, but the need has never been greater to rethink how we will feed an ever-growing population and reduce our impact on natural resources. We believe the heart of the solution is digitizing the analog world with high-fidelity data to help food producers optimize their operations. We hope the impact of our work will improve the lives of farmers everywhere and be a major contribution to securing the global food supply for decades to come.
A few examples of the work we’re doing today:
- Helping farmers in India and Mozambique adapt to the effects of climate change on their farms with novel data-driven crop insurance
- Giving produce growers in California the tools to optimize production and minimize waste
- Helping irrigated farms in Nebraska manage water more efficiently and sustainably to protect our water supply.
What you will do:
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Hardware Engineer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in hardware testing and connectivity, demonstrating a solid foundation in the field. Your expertise in sensor technology and strong analytical skills will drive continuous improvement in our sensor technology suite.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Lead uncertainty analysis for sensor measurements to guarantee accuracy and reliability.
- Develop new measurement calibration systems and processes, ensuring compliance with global standards and traceability.
- Conduct in-depth, long-term performance analysis of deployed sensors to maintain high quality and reliability.
- Contribute to the prototyping, testing, and validation of new sensor products, supporting New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance sensor performance and measurement methodologies.
- Proven experience in sensor technology, including calibration, measurement uncertainty, and traceability.
- Expertise in sensor development, prototyping, and validation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities.
- Significant experience in data analysis.
What we offer:
At Arable you will be joining a company of dedicated team players who bring together diverse expertise and a passion for building a more sustainable future. We are a fast-moving startup committed to providing a rewarding employee experience through the work we do, the team, compensation, and benefits including:
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k program
- Flexible PTO
- A focus on community involvement and career development
- Being a part of creating innovative new products that have a positive impact on the world
At Arable, we don't just accept difference—we celebrate and support it. Not only because it's the right thing to do but because we draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to make Arable thrive. Arable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative-action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
If you wish to request an accommodation due to a disability or a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates the vaccination, or you object to being vaccinated on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices, Arable will engage in a process to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided.