Sr Principal Engineer - Cloud Computing (AWS)
Come work alongside some of the most talented minds in agriculture technology. We are a team of innovators who are accelerating the sustainability and digitization of our planet’s food system. At Arable, you will have the unique opportunity to build something meaningful with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work.
What we do:
At Arable, our goal is to connect all the world’s farms and provide the highest quality data to power the predictive analytics that will help optimize the global food system. This is an ambitious goal, but the need has never been greater to rethink how we will feed an ever-growing population and reduce our impact on natural resources. We believe the heart of the solution is digitizing the analog world with high-fidelity data to help food producers optimize their operations. We hope the impact of our work will improve the lives of farmers everywhere and be a major contribution to securing the global food supply for decades to come.
A few examples of the work we’re doing today:
- Helping farmers in India and Mozambique adapt to the effects of climate change on their farms with novel data-driven crop insurance
- Giving fresh produce growers in California, USA the tools to optimize production with less food waste
- Helping irrigated farmers in Nebraska, USA to manage water more efficiently and sustainably to protect our water supply
What you will do:
- Contribute to prominent, customer-facing initiatives outlined in the Arable Roadmap.
- Foster collaboration across cross-functional teams to accomplish team objectives and OKRs.
- Take an active role in quarterly planning and Sprint activities.
- Assist in delivering software solutions that meet high standards of quality, scalability, and maintainability.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in the IT industry, with a minimum of 7 years in cloud computing.
- Proficiency in managing AWS Cloud, including expertise in design, provisioning, security, costing, and compliance aspects. Strong familiarity with AWS services such as ECS/EKS, S3, RDS, and SQS.
- Expertise in ensuring scalability, optimizing performance, and effectively troubleshooting cloud infrastructure challenges.
- Proficiency in infrastructure automation using tools like Terraform and programming languages like Python. Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD practices, release management, and continuous monitoring/observability.
- Demonstrated history of integrating with external systems through APIs, such as IBM Weather and NASA GIS data.
- Strong team player with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with other public cloud platforms beyond AWS, including Azure, GCP, etc.
- Familiarity with both relational and non-relational distributed databases, such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Exposure to Internet of Things (IoT) systems.
What we offer:
At Arable, you will be joining a company of dedicated team players who bring together diverse expertise and a passion for building a more sustainable future. You’ll find no shortage of lively conversation around the lunch table about the food we eat and how it is produced. We are a fast-moving startup committed to providing a rewarding employee experience through the work we do, the team, compensation, and benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Ability to work closely with customers who are hungry for our product, where you can make a positive impact on their livelihood and the world
- A focus on community involvement and career development
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.