Senior Customer Success Manager (Ag-tech Industry)
Come work alongside some of the most talented minds in the agtech industry. We are a team of innovators who are accelerating the digitization and sustainability of our planet’s food system. At Arable, you will have the unique opportunity to build something meaningful with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work.
What we do:
At Arable, our goal is to connect all the world’s farms to help optimize the global food system. This is an ambitious goal, but the need has never been greater to rethink how we will feed an ever-growing population and reduce our impact on natural resources. We believe the heart of the solution is digitizing the analog world with high-fidelity data to help food producers optimize their operations. We hope the impact of our work will improve the lives of farmers everywhere and be a major contribution to securing the global food supply for decades to come.
A few examples of the work we’re doing today:
- Helping farmers in India and Mozambique adapt to the effects of climate change on their farms with novel data-driven crop insurance
- Giving produce growers in California the tools to optimize production and minimize waste
- Helping irrigated farms in Nebraska manage water more efficiently and sustainably to protect our water supply
What you will do:
Arable is seeking an experienced, empathetic, and seasoned professional to join our Commercial team. As a Senior Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for understanding customer needs, driving processes, and building strong relationships in the agtech industry. Your deep knowledge and passion for agriculture will allow you to connect with customers on a personal level, ensuring their success with our digital products and services.
- Drive customer retention and expansion across customer segments, acting as a seasoned professional who can effectively sell Arable's solutions.
- Understand the agtech industry deeply, staying updated on the latest trends and innovations to provide valuable insights to customers.
- Develop and maintain deep relationships with influential users within customer organizations, understanding who they are and their unique needs.
- Utilize your wisdom and experience to consult with customers on their business objectives and how Arable's solutions can help them achieve those goals.
- Champion the customer's interests within Arable, advocating for their needs and driving internal processes to ensure their success.
- Identify upselling opportunities based on a comprehensive understanding of the customer's requirements and effectively communicate the value of additional solutions.
- Broaden relationships by engaging with customers, expanding Arable's footprint and impact.
- Conduct regular business reviews, using your expertise and empathy to celebrate successes and identify areas for improvement and growth.
- Apply your seasoned professional skills to navigate complex customer landscapes and provide strategic guidance and support.
- Proven experience in enterprise-level account management, demonstrating your ability to nurture and grow customer accounts.
- Gravitas and the ability to build strong relationships with customers, becoming a trusted advisor and partner at all levels of the client organization.
- Extensive experience working in the agtech industry, with a deep understanding of the sector's nuances; deeply prefer experience in or with the major ag input companies.
- An individual with a demonstrated ability to drive processes effectively while possessing a skill set that enables you to streamline workflows, optimize operations, and ensure the smooth execution of tasks.
- A strategic thinker who can bridge the gap between Arable's technology, customer survey data, and clients' business needs and goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to effectively engage with customers at different levels within their organization.
- Wisdom and valuable insights and recommendations to customers based on a comprehensive understanding of their industry and goals.
- A strong advocate for the customer's interests, ensuring their needs are met and their success is a top priority.
- Proven ability to sell and identify upselling opportunities, effectively communicating the value of additional solutions to customers.
- A seasoned professional with a track record of success in customer-facing roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Engineering, Agribusiness, Information Systems, Data Science, Business Management, or a related field.
If you are a self-motivated, collaborative professional with empathy for customers and a passion for agtech, Arable offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on customer retention, expansion, and operations. Join us and leverage your expertise and passion to contribute to our mission of revolutionizing sustainable food production through innovative digital solutions.
What we offer:
At Arable, you will be joining a company of dedicated team players who bring together diverse expertise and a passion for building a more sustainable future. We are a fast-moving startup committed to providing a rewarding employee experience through the work we do, the team, compensation, and benefits, including:
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and a 401k program
- Flexible PTO
- A focus on community involvement and career development
- Being a part of creating innovative new products that have a positive impact on the world
At Arable, we don't just accept difference—we celebrate and support it. Not only because it's the right thing to do but because we draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to make Arable thrive. Arable is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative-action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.