Senior General Ledger Accountant
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We apply AI-powered automation to economically and sustainably improve our global recycling system.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post and BuiltIn Colorado have recognized AMP as one of the state's top workplaces. We’re fostering an environment where passionate individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including North American Cleantech Company of the Year and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com
AMP Robotics is hiring a Senior General Ledger Accountant. This person would preferably be based in the Denver, CO area, but would consider remote in the United States.
The Senior General Ledger Accountant will focus on preparing journal entries, reconciling financial statements and accounts, and ensuring data accuracy. The Senior GL Accountant will support our Accounting and Finance teams. The Senior GL Accountant will also have opportunities to work with finance senior leadership as well as management across our other departments.
As our Senior GL Accountant, you will work to:
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts and financial statements
- Ensure data accuracy and completeness
- Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaids, payroll, debt, various tax compliance, equity, accruals
- Reconcile various bank accounts by compiling and balancing financial information
- Prepare annual audit footnotes for the areas of responsibility
- Assist with preparation and review of sales and use tax returns and registrations
- Assist in the development of solutions to streamline financial and close processes
- Be a driving force for quality and transparency within the accounting team and the company overall
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, business, or related field
- 4-7 years of experience in an accounting role
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable with cloud based applications
- Experience with NetSuite (ERP) a plus
- Experience with AvaTax sales tax software a plus
- Must be able to work 40+ hours per week
- Experience with cross-functional communication and customer interaction
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience with NetSuite, Avalara/Avatax, Expensify, and/or Tipalti
- Public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or relevant field required
- 4-7 years of experience in an accounting role
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Preferred Denver, CO area but will consider remote in the United States
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group are encouraged to apply.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & compensation information: $75,000 - $100,000
Equity Grant: The candidate selected for this role will be recommended for a stock option grant commensurate with the position and the candidate’s qualifications.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna medical healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance: The company covers the cost of Basic Life / AD&D 1 x Salary, option to purchase additional through New York Life
- Benefits start the day you start
- HSA Eligible Health Plans
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching)
- FTO - Flexible Time Off
- 6 Accrued Sick Days
- Eight (8) paid holidays