Sr. Manager, IT
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We apply AI-powered automation to economically and sustainably improve our global recycling system.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post and BuiltIn Colorado have recognized AMP as one of the state's top workplaces. AMP also has operations and career opportunities outside of Atlanta and Cleveland, as well as in Europe. We’re fostering an environment where passionate individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including North American Cleantech Company of the Year and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Sr. Manager of IT to focus on defining, developing, refining, and supporting the core information technologies at AMP Robotics and a growing team. This person will need to reside within commuting distance to our Louisville, CO Headquarters on a hybrid schedule, or be open to relocating upon acceptance.
In this role, you will meet the demands of the daily business and be responsible for scaling IT to continue to meet business needs around network, security, privacy, infrastructure, systems, software applications, databases among others. You will be a highly collaborative business partner focused on building relationships across all departments. The Senior Manager of IT will be a focused, results-oriented leader capable of delivering across a number of initiatives all the while ensuring AMP’s security. This role will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
As our Sr. Manager of IT, you will work to:
- Develop, own and execute an information technology strategy and roadmap driving towards increased productivity, standardization and cost efficiency.
- Develop, own, and execute on a robust internal customer relationship plan to exceed internal client expectations in a rapid growing environment.
- Ongoing support of the commercial organization and other remote or field-based employees to support deals that integrate with clients IT Infrastructure.
- Develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive IT security, privacy, and risk management programs including establishing the appropriate policies, training and programs.
- Propose, manage, and execute against an annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain effective governance for IT controls leveraging deep experience in compliance, GxP, Data Protection, and other compliance driven requirements.
- Continually evaluate new technology trends and assess them for the needs of our business.
- Manage 3rd party IT and Software Suppliers & Vendors.
- Lead and build the IT Organization including recruiting, hiring, coaching, and developing staff across a range of experience and a range of IT functions/roles.
The successful candidate will have:
- 8+ years in a technology-related leadership/executive position, including direct people management.
- Prior experience supporting IT during an organizational growth phase, transitioning from a small to a mid-sized company.
- Strong functional skill set and experience in information technology, with a demonstrated capability to lead teams spanning Applications Development, IT Support, Network Infrastructure, Cloud and Information Security.
- Well versed in technical support up to the highest level of escalation, tiers 1-3.
- Strong technical acumen, leadership, organizational planning, and project management skills.
- Previous experience managing Mac, ChromeOS, Windows (client\server), and Linux in an enterprise environment, including imaging and deployment.
- Working knowledge of common authentication standards (OAuth, SAML).
- Working knowledge of network hardware (routers, switches, WAPs) and LAN protocols such as TCP/IP with an ability to troubleshoot network services such as DNS, DHCP, and HTTPS.
- Basic knowledge of cyber security best practices, including TLS/SSL certificate management and email security via SPF, DKIM, and DMARC.
- Enterprise management of printers, scanners, and handhelds
- Experience planning, designing and implementing efficient business and system solutions for manufacturing environments .
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, and cross-functional collaboration/leadership skills.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in ambiguous and frequently changing situations.
- Proven experience delivering multiple complex projects with sometimes competing deadlines.
- Proven experience managing MSPs, outsourced IT groups, and 3rd party vendors.
- 7+ years of leadership experience within an information technology capacity.
- Prior experience growing and supporting the IT presence during rapid scaling phase.
- Demonstrated experience with security technologies.
- Experience owning a budget and setting up a roadmap/plan.
- Well versed in assessing needs for 3rd party software, deploying said software, and driving adoption of it through an organization.
- Industry experience in robotics, hardware, manufacturing, and/or high-tech.
- Able to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Demonstrated professional experience with technologies relevant to:
- Servers (on-prem and cloud): Windows/Linux Servers, Mobile Device Management & Remote monitoring and management tools (Mosyle, JAMF, Addigy, ConnectWise, Autotask), GCP
- Storage: SAN, NAS
- Firewalls and Security: Sophos
- Network: Cisco Meraki and Ubiquiti network topologies, high bandwidth fiber networks, site-to-site network design and security
- Software application support: GSuite, O365, Slack, Ring Central, Atlassian, Solidworks, OpenVPN, Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 8+ years within an information technology setting.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, Colorado
- Up to 10% travel to out of state facilities.
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group are encouraged to apply. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $141,000 - $173,000 per year
Equity Grant: The candidate selected for this role will be recommended for a stock option grant commensurate with the position and the candidate’s qualifications.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna medical healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance: The company covers the cost of Basic Life / AD&D 1 x Salary, option to purchase additional through New York Life
- Benefits start the day you start
- HSA Eligible Health Plans
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching)
- FTO - Flexible Time Off
- 6 Accrued Sick Days
- Eight (8) paid holidays