AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We apply AI-powered automation to economically and sustainably improve our global recycling system.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post and BuiltIn Colorado have recognized AMP as one of the state's top workplaces. AMP also has operations and career opportunities outside of Atlanta and Cleveland, as well as in Europe. We’re fostering an environment where passionate individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including North American Cleantech Company of the Year and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Finance Intern in our Louisville, Colorado headquarters on a flexible hybrid schedule. This internship will last from November 6th, 2023 - February 16th, 2023, with possibility of extension.
The Finance Intern will work closely with the Senior Financial Analysts and Accounting team, while getting exposure to the Director of Reporting & Analytics and VP of Finance. The Finance Intern will assist the Finance team with financial forecasting, analysis, modeling, and reporting of financial data. This person may also collaborate with internal teams to ensure data accuracy. This position is a great opportunity to get FP&A and Corporate Finance experience with a high-growth, venture-backed company.
As our Finance Intern, you will work to:
- Support financial consolidation and analysis for monthly financial reviews and management reporting packages
- Support financial forecasting, consolidation and analysis for periodic forecast updates and AMP’s 2024 Annual Budget (with full financial statements: P&L, balance sheet and cash flow)
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly Board of Directors presentation
- Develop materials for monthly meetings with department budget owners that focus on budget vs. actuals analysis, cost trend analysis, and continuous cost forecast updates
- Gain valuable experience working with AMP’s NetSuite ERP and FP&A software planning/forecasting tools
The successful candidate will have:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree-seeking program, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or a related program
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office and Google Suite products, with an emphasis on Excel for financial modelling and data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills and critical thinking abilities
- Be a self-starter with effective time management skills and able to work independently (this is especially important for a role that is expected to be hybrid and part-time during the school year)
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Flexible (Louisville, CO or hybrid including work from home / remotely)
- Must be located within commutable distance to Louisville, CO Headquarters
Hours: This person can expect 10-20 hours a week.
- No Travel
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group are encouraged to apply.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hourly Rate Information: $15-20/hr